Chapter 28:

Michael's POV:

It's been about 4 weeks since Gemma disappeared and I have to say, I haven't been able to do anything. I felt so broken and I don't know what to do. Luke, Calum, Kate, Alice and I have been out trying to look for them but to no avail. I've also had Luke and Calum keeping a close eye on me because they knew what state I am in and they also know what I could end up doing to myself. They try to talk to me and get me involved but when they talk, I stare at them blankly and just don't reply. Lucy has been helping us a lot as well and I am thankful for that. She only just met Gemma but she still wanted to help and I felt thankful towards her.

I keep going round Gemma's house to talk to Ricky and their parents and ask them if they have heard anything, but they never had. Her parents were almost always crying when I would see them which made me feel worse because I wasn't able to stop whatever is going on. Ricky sometimes comes and search with me but there has been a few times that us two would end up fighting which really didn't help our situation. After a few punches though, we would always stop, apologise and carry on looking. We would look till like 4 in the morning and I would head back to their house and end up sleeping in Gemma's room because I feel comfortable being here. I would sleep for 2 and half hours then go to school.

The only reason I go to school was because I wanted to see if anything was given away from people. To see if they knew anything. But so far, nothing. 

I also haven't seen Lucy in a few days actually, but I don't know why. Alice said that a friend went into hospital but I didn't know who it was.

"Michael?" I heard Luke's faint voice say.

I looked at him with a blank expression, waiting for him to say something.

"I think we need to go to the hospital after school..." he said softly and my eyes widened because the only thing I could think of was Gemma. “No, no! It's not Gemma. Alice said that we might want to go to the hospital because Lucy wants to talk to us about something. I don't know what it is though..."

I stared at them and they stared back, waiting for whatever I have to say about this in the end I sighed.

"Fine," and they looked at me surprised but it's only because I was curious to know what was happening.

***

When it finally reached the end of the school day, I met up with Luke and Calum and Luke's brother Ben was there in his car, waiting to give us a lift to the hospital. Luke jumped in the back and Calum and I jumped in the back. 

We drove off and once again I was silent. We could be looking for Gemma right now, but instead we're going to the fucking hospital! I hope Lucy has something decent to tell us.

"MICHAEL!" Lucy shouted when she saw us enter. "Can we talk? You might want to hear this," she said and I nodded, still not saying anything. "Good, follow me. Boys, you stay here."

I followed here through many different hallways before we stopped at a door and then she looked up at me before finally opening the door. For a moment I thought it was going to be Gemma in that bed, but sadly, it wasn't. I mean I am glad it isn’t her because then that would mean she was harmed. I just mean that I was hoping it was her because then I would know where she is so I can stop panicking.

It was Damien.

I looked at him and he had a lot of bruises and cuts. 

"Michael. Sit," Lucy commanded me and so I did. I sat in the only available chair which was by the wall furthest from the bed. "Now, before anything is said. You need to stay in your seat until he finishes. I know you are going to get mad, but you need to hear him out," Lucy stated and I looked at her a bit sceptically but slowly nodded. "Damien," she said, instructing him to talk now and then sat down in the chair next to his bed.