Chapter 17:

It was now Monday and I walked cautiosly into school, not knowing how this day with be. As I was about to walk through the doors to head to my locker, I felt arms wrap around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Heyy babe," I heard his voice say and I instanty knew it was Michael. "Come stand with us for a bit yeah?" he asked, even though I didn't have a choice because he dragged me over where Luke and Calum were standing whcih was by the tree again.

As we arrived over there, Michael's arm left my waist and dug into his pocket, pulling out a packet of cigarettes, pulling one out and lighting it up. He put the packet back in his pocket and put the stick to his mouth and inhaled deeply, then exhaled, a puff of smoke appearing.

"You look so hot," I whisperd in his ear so only he could hear, as I gave his neck a kiss.

"Oh really?" he asked me with a smirk, which I just returned a wink to him and gave him a peck on the lips.

"So this is who you dumped me for?" I heard the familiar voice of Ashton behind me. I turned and saw him looking hurt. "For someone who has bullied and caused you so much pain? What the fuck Gemma?" I winced back behind Michael.

"Jelous?" Michael smugly said to Ashton.

"Please. Me? Jelous? Yeah right. If she chose you over me, then obviously she isn't worth it. Plus, what happened to you? You used to be the one with the fit girls who were popular. Why have you downgraded to this nerd?" he asked. I stood there shocked, not believing what I am hearing. I thought he was my best friend... but he is just like Damien.

"Listen, Irwin. Gemma is better than any of those flings and she always will be. You need to back off. Gemma didn't want you, she wanted me. She felt guilty if she ever turned you down, that is the only reason she ever agreed to date you. You were just a friend to her," Michael said, raising his tone a bit.

"Whatever. Have fun with her. You'll get bored eventually. I know you Michael. As soon as you get bored, bye-bye Gemma," Ashton said with a smirk and walked away.

"God, I fucking hate him! He always ruins everything!" Michael said, his tone angry. "Gemma, are you alright?" he asked me in a worried tone.

"I think so. I thought he was my best friend, that's all. I guess I was wrong..." I said with a slight frowm on my face.

"Don't worry about him. I am here for you like I promised. Just so you know, I won't get bored of you. I care so much about you and I will never treat you badly. You have me, Luke and Calum here for you. Kate and Alice like you and will look after you as well. We look out for eachother and I am making it my job to protect you with all that I have and I always will," Michael said and he placed a kiss on my lips to reassure me he meant it and I couldn't be more thankful to him.

-

-

"Did you want to come straight over?" I asked Michael as we got to my mums car.

"You don't even have to ask," he said with a smirk.

"Wait," I said as I turned to my mum. "Can Luke and Calum come round as well mum?" I asked her through the window of the car.

"Yeah sure, go get them," she told me and looked around and saw Luke and Calum standing near the door. I ran over to them and asked them.

"Hey, guys?" I asked, getting their attention first. They smiled and nodded as if to say 'go on' so I did. "Did you want to come to my house with Michael so we can hang out. I am supposed to be tutoring him. But I can't be bothered today..."

"Fine with me," Luke said and Calum nodded in agreement. They followed me back over to the car where Michael was talking to my mum.

"Calum, you can sit in the front. Luke, Michael and I are going to be sitting in the back. Is that alright?" I asked him and smiled politely and said yes.