Chapter 24:

It's Tuesday today, and that means that Michael and I have to go back to school. Luke and Calum should be going back too because they skipped school yesterday to wait for Michael.

Once I was changed into my outfit that consisted of white skinny jeans, a plain black vest top and a black All Time Low sweatshirt even though it's really hot but oh well.

I got in my mums car and she drove me to school, her occasionally asking me questions about Michael. When I told her that we said 'I love you's' to each other she literally jumped up and down, clapping her hands and smiling like a lunatic. My dad didn't really mind but he did give me the whole protective dad speech and if Michael ever hurts me, to tell him or Ricky.

When I got out of the car when we pulled up at school, I said goodbye to mum and walked away. I looked towards the tree and saw Calum standing there, puffing away on a cigarette.

"Heyy, where's Luke and Michael?" I ask him as soon as I reach him.

"Too be honest, I don't know..." he answered me and I looked around with a confused look.

After waiting about 10 minutes, I said bye to Calum and walked to my first class.

-

-

-

-

When lunch rolled around, I decided to stay inside and go to the table at the back. I still hadn't seen Michael or Luke, and I know can't seem to find Calum. Where the hell is everyone?

I had my lunch and decided to go for a walk around the school because I was that bored. When I turned the corner, I heard shouting and cheering coming from just down the hall. I walked towards it and saw a crowd of people shouting. I walked closer but I couldn't see what was going on. Disadvantage of being a bit shorter than everyone else...

"What's going on?" I tried to ask someone and thankfully some girl answered me.

"There’s a fight, but I can't see who it was," she replied as she stood on her tip-toes. "First day at this school and a fight breaks out and I can't even see it. Typical," she replied with a huff and I couldn't help but release a bit of a laugh.

"You’re new?" I ask her and I take in her appearance. She had long blonde hair with blue highlights and blue eyes. She was wearing dark blue denim shorts with leggings and an All Time Low top. I like her already.

"Yeah, my names Lucy," she said and offered me a kind smile.

"I'm Gemma. Love the top," I smiled back at her.

"Thanks, love the jumper," she said and we shared a little laugh.

"Alright! Break it up!" we heard a teacher's voice boom throughout the hall.

When everyone cleared away, it was just me and Lucy left behind, plus the people who were fighting and the teacher. When I looked at who the boys were, I saw Michael and Damien. The teacher was standing between them, making sure they wouldn't charge at each other.

"Michael?" I asked, trying to get his attention and apparently I did because his head shot up and looked over to where I stood. However, he didn't say anything, nor did his face show any expression. I did notice that he had a busted lip, a cut on his cheek and one near his eye that also looks like it is going to bruise.

I looked next to him to see that the boy he had been fighting with was Damien. He looked a little bit worse that Michael did.

"Damien?" I heard Lucy ask and his head snapped up to look at her but just glares at her and looked away.