Chapter 19:

My whole world stopped.

Crystal.

It was crystal who was clinging onto Michael as they continued to kiss each other.

My heart was physically hurting. My eyes started to brim with tears.

I couldn't stand there anymore. I ended up turning around and running out of the living room but I instantly bumped into something hard. I looked up and regretted it.

Ashton.

Ashton was standing there with a smirk.

"You didn't seriously think that he liked you? You didn't think he would get fed up with you and cheat on you? With crystal? Come on. I thought you were smarter than that," Ashton sniggered.

A year started to slip down my cheek and that was it. I couldn't take it anymore. I ran out of the house, bumping into many, many drunken teenagers. Male and female. The males giving me smirks which cause me to get more and more scared.

I ran and ran till I finally reached my street and down to my house, banging on the door. My eyes were stinging from the crying and I was shaking from the cold that surrounded me.

"Gemma? You're back ear- WHAT THE FUCK DID HE DO!?" Ricky shouted when he saw the state I was in.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. I just collapsed into his arms, hugging him tightly and still crying my eyes out.

"Shh shh. Let’s go into the living room and talk. Mum and dad have gone to bed and we don't want to wake them," he said and guided me to the living room and sitting me down, letting me cry for a few minutes till I had calmed down.

"Why is everything falling apart?" I asked him in a hushed voice.

"What happened? What did he do? He said he wouldn't hurt you. He said he would protect you," Ricky mumbled.

"I know what he said and I believed it as well. When we got to the party it was absolutely fine. We drank a bit and danced and it was fun. Then I needed to use the bathroom, but when I came back down and returned to where he was standing, I saw him kissing someone else," I explained to him. Before he said anything, I continued saying, "the thing is, he was kissing the same person who he has hooked up with before and kissed in front of me before. But he told me nothing was going on and I stupidly believed him. Then when I was running out of the house, I bumped into Ashton and he looked at me with a smirk and started asking if I really thought Michael liked me. If I really thought he wouldn't cheat. He said that he thought I was smarter than that. Why did he do that?" I started crying again.

"Shhh Gemma. Clearly he wasn't the right guy. I know it hurts but you will move on and hopefully find the guy that is meant to be for you. As for Ashton... Well... He's just a douche. I don't know what has gotten into him to be honest," Ricky told me, rubbing my back to calm me down.

When he told me that I would have to move on and hopefully I would find the right guy, I couldn't believe it. The thing is... is that Michael is the one. He means so much to me. I know he has hurt me too many times and I shouldn't feel this way, but I can't help it. I like him. Actually, no. I don't like him.

"I love him Ricky. I really do and I don't think I will be able to move on. I know you're going to say he is the first boy I have gone out with and I can't possibly love him, but I do. I love him, Ricky," I whisper to him, looking down at my hands, not wanted to look at him.

"Aww Gemma. I didn't know you were actually in love with him. I thought he was just a crush or a phase. No wonder you are hurting this bad! I am so sorry," Ricky said and he squeezed me closer to him and kissed the top of my head to calm me down a bit.