Chapter 7

"Karkat...?"

Karkat groaned. His head hurt like hell.

"Karkat!"

Karkat slowly opened his eyes. He saw Dave running over to him.

"Karkat what the hell happened?!" Dave asked frantically, crouching down beside him.

Karkat tried to sit up, but moving hurt so he just layed there. "I fell..." he mumbled.

"Are you okay?! Can you move?!"

Karkat moved slightly, wincing. He remembered seeing Dave before he passed out. Hadn't he been on the roof, wearing his glasses and smiling? But Daves glasses were still off, and his red eyes shone full concern.

"Yeah... it just really hurts... fuck!" Karkat yelped in pain as he finally forced himself to sit up.

"Carful!" Dave said anxiously. "We should probably get you inside."

"Okay..."

Dave helped Karkat up, but Karkat still felt lightheaded and swayed. Dave supported him so he wouldn't fall and helped him into the house. He took Karkat to their room and set him on the bed, leaning against the wall, then sat beside him.

"How did you fall?" Dave asked, still sounding a bit worried.

"I don't even know... I was just sitting there and I felt something hit my back, and next thing I knew... I was on the ground." Karkat replied quietly.

"You felt something hit your back?" Dave repeated, confused.

"Yeah... right here." Karkat touched his back were he remembed feeling it and winced. "It still hurts..."

Dave thought for a moment. "Can I see if there's a mark there or something?"

Karkat pulled up his shirt a bit and Dave looked to where Karkat was pointing.

"Whoa..." Dave muttered, his eyes widening in shock.

"What is it?" Karkat asked,

"There's a massive bruise..." Dave said, lightly brushing his finger over it.

"Ow!" Karkat gasped.

"Sorry!" Dave yelped, pulling Karkat's shirt back down.

"Its ok...I wonder were the fuck the bruise came from..." Karkat wondered.

"I have no idea. It's odd..."

They sat there for a bit and Karkat thought for a moment.

"Hey Dave?" Karkat asked.

"Yeah?" Dave replied.

"What was taking you so long to come back? And... how did you know were I fell?"

Dave looked a bit confused by the questions. "Well, it took me so long because I couldn't find my sweater anywhere. It, like, disappeared off the face of the earth and I still don't know where the hell it is!" He sounded annoyed by that. "So I went back outside and I climbed up the ladder and noticed you weren't sitting there anymore, so I went and checked inside to see if you came in. But I couldn't find you anywhere, so I looked out side and found you on the ground," Dave finished.

"Oh... okay..." Karkat belived Dave, but he still couldn't get the image out of his head. Suddenly, his head throbed painfully. "My head hurts..."

Dave leaned over and softly kissed Karkat's forehead. "Maybe you might feel better if you get some rest?" He suggested.

Karkat was about to protest, but decided against it. He was feeling a bit sleepy. "I think mabye I will..." He yawned and moved so he was laying down. His head hurt less like that. His eyes were starting to feel heavy. He moved closer to Dave, who started gently playing with Karkats hair, being carful not to put pressure on his head. Karkat slowly fell asleep.

~

Karkat didn't know how long he had slept for, but when he woke Dave wasn't there. He sat up and his head throbbed, but it didn't hurt as much as earlier. He closed his eyes again, waiting for the the throbbing to go away. Eventually, then pain faded. He got out of bed and stood up. He walked over to the door and stumbled a bit, but regained his balence and carefully made his way downstairs. He walked into the living room and noticed Dave sitting on the couch drawing something. There was music playing quietly from the radio.

Dave looked up from his drawing as Karkat entered the room. "Morning sleepy head. How are you feeling?"

Karkat sat beside him. "Like shit," he muttered, still trying to wake up.

"Are you going to be ok?" Dave asked.

"I'll live..." Karkat replied, leaning against Dave's shoulder.

"You'd better Dave said, putting an arm around Karkat.

The two sat there in silence for a bit, music still playing in the backround. The next song to come up was a slower song. Dave moved away from Karkat and stood up, extending his hand to Karkat, who looked up at Dave, confused.

"Dance with me?" Dave asked, smiling softly.

Karkat smiled back, grabbing Dave's hand and standing up. They moved away from the couch. Dave pulled Karkat close and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. Karkat's hands rested on Dave's hips and he leaned his head against Dave's chest. They swayed slowly. Everything was calm and peaceful.

"I love you, Dave," Karkat said softly.

"I love you too, Karkat," Dave replied quietly.

The two boys stayed there, even after the song was finished, enjoying being close to each other and both of them feeling happy.