Chapter 22

Once Dave got home, he immediately looked around for something to cut the rope with. He grabbed a knife and started cutting the rope. Once he got it off, he tossed the rope away. He decided to hold onto the knife to use as a weapon, just in case. But how was he going to warn everyone by himself?

Suddenly, he got an idea. He ran to his room and sat at his computer, turning it on. He hoped people would be online. If not, he'd have to run around and do it the hard way. He logged on and pulled up pester chum and started a memo.

~

turntechGodhead [TG] RIGHT NOW opened a memo on board PUBLIC

TG: GUYS LISTEN UP SOME BAD SHIT IS GOING DOWN!

ectoBiologist [EB] responded to memo.

EB: Really, Dave? Karkat has you doing memos now?

TG: what no he's not making me do this

TG: that's not the point something's happening

tenticleTherapist [TT] responded to memo.

TT: Since when do you do you do memos? I thought you hated them.

TT: Is Karkat with you?

TG: no he's not and that's the problem! now if you would all kindly shut up I can explain what's happening!

garden Gnostic [GG] responded to memo.

TG: OH MY FUCKING GOD NOT HE DIDN'T!!

TG: WILL YOU GUYS SHUT UP FOR ONE MINUTE??

EB: Woah Dave chill out. I think Karkats rubbing off on you.

TG: he's not rubbing off on me I just need to tell you guys something and this was the fastest way I could think of!!

TT: Well what are you waiting for? Do tell.

TG: alright so... something's happing and it's bad

EB: Wait, did you guys hear that loud noise?

GG: yeah I did! it made my house shake

TT: What on earth was that?

~

Dave looked away from his computer when he heard the loud noise. It made his house shake. He quickly got up, heading over to his window, and looked outside. He could see smoke rising from a few blocks away. Dave's eyes went wide in panic. It looked like it was near or at where Karkat was! He quickly turned back to his computer.

~

TG: THAT'S WHAT I WAS TRYING TO EXPLAIN

TG: so there's apparently a doomed version of myself that traveled here and is now trying to take over he also has other versions of you guys from other doomed timelines and the trolls as well you guys need to tell everyone one else and get here right now the doomed versions all have something that makes them look different try not to get fooled I need to go save Karkat now please hurry

turntechGodhead [TG] closed memo.