Chapter 24

As soon as Dave closed the memo, he stood and grabbed the knife. He quickly left the house, not bothering to turn anything off, and headed to were he saw the smoke. He practically ran. Once he got closer, he slowed down slightly. being cautious of his soundings he approached the street. He walked over to the house at the end of the street, so he was hidden, and glanced around the corner. His eyes widened when he saw the group of people on the opposite side of the street. He realized the she smoke was coming from their house. Dave felt slightly saddened by this, but he quickly pushed it away, looking back at the crowd of people and searching for Karkat. Dave started to feel worried when he couldn't find Karkat right away, but soon he caught sight of him. Karkat was with the other version of himself, but he could see there was something wrong. Karkat was on the ground, and alternate him was standing right behind him. Dave suddenly felt very worried. He hoped Karkat was okay. He didn't know how to get over there with out being noticed. He looked around, but no matter what he would be seen. He sighed and sat down, watching everyone closely. Every few minutes, he would glance at Karkat. Dave felt annoyed he have to wait until everyone else got there before he could do anything. He waited anxiously.

Ten minutes went by, and he was starting to feel worried. It seemed like no one was coming. Then suddenly, Dave felt the wind pick up considerably. He looked around curiously and stood up. The crowd noticed what was happening as well. Dave could see another crowd of people coming down the street. A sense of relief washed over him when he realized it was his friends. The real ones. As soon as the crowd of doomed people noticed them, their attention was drawn away from the house. The opposing groups got closer to each other, everyone staring at each other. Everything was silent with tension, until the silence was broken by Dave.
"What are you idiots waiting for?! Fight!"
As soon as he spoke, chaos broke out. Everyone started fighting one another. This was the distraction Dave needed. He looked to were Karkat was. He saw doomed Dave pick up Karkat and take him away from all the people fighting. Dave watched himself take Karkat into a house across the street, and then come out a few minuets later. He was walking over to all the people fighting.
As soon as doomed Dave wasn't looking, Dave bolted across the street towards the house. He managed to get over there without being seen, and quickly slipped into the house, shutting the door behind him. He quickly looked around the house for Karkat. Dave turned a corner into what he could see was the living room, and saw Karkat lying on the couch. Dave quickly went over to him. He could now see there was a gash on Karkat's head and he was tied back up. Had he been knocked out? Dave took his knife and cut the ropes off, and started looking around the house for a first aid kit.