Chapter 15

Dave mumbled something incoherently right after that, but Karkat didn’t care. His head was spinning. All he could think was he needed to get away. He started struggling, trying to get away, but Dave pressed something sharp against his neck. Karkat glanced down and saw a knife pressed there. He started to tremble.
        "Its been too long. I can finally see you now. I guess I’m sorry for messing with your head, even though I have to say it was pretty fun." Dave laughed.
        Karkat tried to keep his voice steady. "What do you mean messing with me?"
        Dave grinned. "Did you really think that all the bullshit that's been happening was just how things were? Every single thing that's gone wrong was because of me!" Dave laughed again. "Your 'dreams' weren't dreams. I was the one you kept seeing. And you and other me must be blind, because I walked right past you two and easily took something so small, but made you start not trusting him."
        Karkat thought for a moment. "You're the person that bumped into Dave at the farmers market... and you stole his phone."
        Dave smiled. "Ah, the idiot is finally catching on! I was also the one who pushed you off the roof, and I was the one kissing John. Which, I have to say, I was pretty proud of." Dave said, as if he was recalling a fond memory. 
        "Why the hell are you here?"
        "I'm trying to fix my timeline, I guess you could say.” Dave replied. He was staring blankly, but had a smile plastered on his face. It was creepy.
        "You're insane!" Karkat shouted, trying to think of a way to get away.
        Dave tilted his head slightly "Well, who wouldn't be at least a little insane, living by them self for nine years after watching everyone they cared about die, not being able to save them." He pushed the knife a bit harder again Karkat's neck.
        Karkat winced from the sudden pressure. "How is that even possible?"
        "My timeline got fucked up. It's doomed, but hasn't disappeared. I was stuck there waiting for it to be over with, but it never happened." He paused and moved the knife away from Karkat's throat.
        Karkat was slightly relieved, but that didn't last long. Dave had moved the knife to his face, slowly running it's cold blade down his cheek.
        "I waited and waited," he continued, "but nothing happened. So I started to form a plan to go to random other timelines and get back some players, then bring them to this time line this will be our new home."
        Karkat notice Dave had lessened his grip. "That's not going to happen!" Karkat kicked Dave’s leg and tried to push him away.
        Dave scowled. "Look who's getting brave." He brought up the knife and slashed Karkat's cheek. Karkat gasped in pain as Dave tightened his grip again. “It’s not a smart idea to struggle, no one will come." Dave's voice was low and cold. 
        Karkat trembled even more, tears threatening to spill down his face. "What about Dave from my timeline?" He said desperately as doomed Dave put the knife back to his throat.
        Dave shook his head and laughed. "You really are stupid, aren't you?" He pressed harder. "You kicked him out, remember? He thinks you hate him! You're all alone!” Dave pushed the knife just hard enough to draw blood and then pulled the knife away replacing it with one of his hands.
        Red tears started to roll down Karkat's face.
        "So tell me..." he growled as he started to squeeze, "who’s gonna save you now?!"
        Karkat was gasping, trying to breathe, but it was almost impossible. "Please... don't kill me..." He managed to choke out.
        Dave stopped, loosening his grip slightly. "Kill you?” He laughed. “I'm not gonna kill you anymore. I was going to, but then I decided not to, because I love you. Remember? We're supposed to be together forever." He leaned close to Karkat's face. "But I can't have you running off to warn anyone," he whispered, pressing his lips to Karkat's, who immediately started struggling against him, trying to pull away. Dave didn't move, he just kept Karkat in place. He moved his hand with the knife downwards and stabbed Karkats leg. If Dave hadn't been there, Karkat would have fallen to the ground.
        He screamed in pain as Dave finally pulled away. “Stop! Please!”
        “Shhh… everything will be okay,” Dave whispered softly, pressing his lips to Karkat's again.
        Karkat thrashed around, trying to move his head away, wincing slightly at the pain in his leg. Out of desperation, he bit down on Dave’s lip harshly. Dave didn’t show any sign of pain, but he did pull away with blood dripping from his lip.
        “Oh, come on now Karkat. Th-“ He stopped when there was a knock on the door. Someone called Karkat's name from outside. It sounded like Dave. His Dave. A sense of relief washed over Karkat. “DA-“
        He got cut off as doomed Dave clamped his hand over Karkat's mouth and smirked, leaning down to Karkat's ear. “Oh, I’ve got a great idea….” He whispered creepily.