Chapter 28

Dave was trying to stay calm as he looked over Karkat who was bleeding excessively.

"K-Karkat?" Dave's voice shook.
Karkat was completely still. Dave reached over and pressed two fingers to Karkat's neck once again. There was still a very faint beat. Dave felt a little bit relieved, but it was growing weaker. Karkat shifted slightly, looking up at Dave.
"D-Dave... I... I'm s-sorry..." Karkat said weakly. "I d-don't hate you..."
Dave ripped off part of his cape and pressed it to one of Karkat's larger wounds, trying to slow the blood flow.
"Don't apologize. None of this was your fault you... you were tricked.." Dave said, holding back tears his voice shaking. Dave was trying to stay calm as he looked over Karkat who was bleeding excessively.
"K-Karkat?" Dave's voice shook.
Karkat was completely still. Dave reached over and pressed two fingers to Karkat's neck once again. There was still a very faint beat. Dave felt a little bit relieved, but it was growing weaker. Karkat shifted slightly, looking up at Dave.
"D-Dave... I... I'm s-sorry..." Karkat said weakly. "I d-don't hate you..."
Dave ripped off part of his cape and pressed it to one of Karkat's larger wounds, trying to slow the blood flow.
"Don't apologize. None of this was your fault you... you were tricked.." Dave said, holding back tears his voice shaking.

"D-Dave... I'm s-so glad I m-met you... you're the most wonderful... and a-amazing person I've ever m-met... you made me f-feel so h-happy..." Karkat shuddered. Talking wad hard.
A few tears rolled down Dave's face. "Don't talk like that! You're not gonna die!" Dave cried. "you can't.." Dave grabbed Karkat's hand, and Karkat squeezed lightly.
"The other you... t-told me something..." Karkat, coughed and a bit of blood dripped out of his mouth. "He said you... w-were going to give me-" Karkat coughed again and took a deep shuddering breath. "A ring...?"
Dave nodded, more tears rolling down his face. He reached a shaking hand in to his pocket and pulled out a small box.

"What is it for...?" Karkat asked weakly.
Dave opened the small box, revealing a gold ring. "I... I was gonna ask you to m-marry me... which is a human thing... it means to be t-together forever..." Dave said, choking back a sob.
Karkat smiled lightly. "That... sounds n-nice... I wish that was possible..."
Dave took the ring out of the box and slipped it on to Karkat's finger. "I-it still is. W-we can get out of here. We can f-fix everything. You're not going to die," Dave rambled on more tears spilling down his face.
"Dave..." Karkat mumbled.
"You can't die! You just can't!"
"Dave." Karkat managed to get the attention of the panicking human.
Dave stopped talking as Karkat reached a shaking hand up and took Dave's shades off. He smiled.
"I... love you..." Karkat breathed, and then went still.
"K-Karkat...?!" Dave stuttered. He waited, but there was no response. "No..." Dave shook Karkat but nothing happened. "No!" Dave yelled. Ke felt something inside him break he sobbed, clinging to Karkat's lifeless body. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to Karkat's lips, which where already going cold. Dave's body shook with sobs. He didn't even hear the door opening and a voice calling out.
"I found them!"

The only time Dave noticed anything was when he felt hands grab onto him, trying to pull him away from Karkat. He struggled against them. "Let me go!!" he screamed, still crying and trying to hold on to Karkat tighter, but who ever it was forced his arms apart, making him let go. Dave was struggling violently against the person, trying to kick them, trying to get away, but he couldn't. He was dragged away from Karkat's body, and his head swarmed with anger and grief. He was alone. Everyone was dead. Karkat was dead. They had lost.

~End?~