Chapter 13

Karkat spent the rest of the night trying to calm down. He eventually found enough willpower to move from the floor to the bed, and eventually he cried him self to sleep. 
        The next morning Karkat rolled over in bed, expecting Dave to be there. But he wasn't, and all of the memories from the previous day came flooding in. Tears pricked Karkats eyes, but he held them in.
        Karkat spent most of the day in bed, not having the energy or will to get up. He was still wearing the same clothes from the previous night. He didn't care.
        By the time it was staring to get dark out, there was a knock on the door. Karkat tried to ignore it, but who ever it was, wasn't giving up. They kept banging on the door. Karkat sighed, slowly getting out of bed and making his way downstairs. He opened the door, and Dave was standing there.
        "What the fuck do you want Strider?" Karkat growled. "I'm really not in the mood to talk to you." He was about to shut the door.
        "Karkat come on, please. I need to talk to you." Dave said, holding the door open so Karkat couldn't close it.
        "Why? So you can make up some bullshit excuse?" Karkat turned away and walked back into the house.
        Dave followed Karkat into the house and slammed the door shut behind him. Karkat jumped when he heard the door slam shut.
        "I didn't come to make excuses" Dave said, slowly walking towards Karkat.
        "Then why are you here?" Karkat snapped. 
        "Because I'm not done with you." Dave said with a cruel smirk.
        Karkat crossed his arms. "Well I'm done with you right now, so could you just fuck off?!"
        Dave moved closer and placed his hand on Karkat's shoulder, digging his fingers in. "Well, you see, the thing is, I don't care."
        Karkat shrugged Dave's hand off and turned away, about to leave, when Dave grabbed Karkat's arm before he could go further.
        "Dave, let go!" Karkat said, trying to pull away.
        "Oh no, your not going anywhere." Dave's voice was suddenly cold and harsh. He started to twist Karkat's arm. 
        "Dave stop!" Karkat yelled.
        Dave just continued twisting Karkat's arm, saying nothing.
        Karkat managed to rip himself out of Dave's grip. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"
        Dave didn't respond. He just grabbed Karkat and threw him to the ground, kicking him in the stomach.
        Karkat cried out in pain. He felt winded, but got back up.
        Dave shoved Karkat against the wall, pinning him there. Karkat squirmed, managing to get one of his hands free, and slapped Dave across the face. Dave's glasses flew off his face. Karkat continued struggling trying to get free, then suddenly froze when he noticed a dark scar across one of Dave's eyes that had never been there before. 
        "What happened to your eye...?" Karkat wondered, frozen in place.
        "Oh no." Dave smiled creepily. "Looks like I've been outed."
        Karkat was very confused. "What are you talking about"
        Dave laughed. "Let me keep it simple, so your dumb ass can keep up. I'm not Dave. Well, I am, but not your Dave. I'm not from this timeline."