Chapter 14 (Dave)

"I hate you!"
        The words echoed in Dave's mind as he slowly walked away from the house. He didn't know what had happened. He was confused, and didn't understand anything Karkat had said. None of those things had happened. He didn't know where to go. He figured it'd probably be a bad idea at this point to go ask John of he could stay with him, so he walked around aimlessly for a while.
        After some time, Dave finally decided to go to his old house that he used to share with his bro. He walked up to the house and looked in the mail box. The spare key he always left was still there. Sighing, he unlocked the door and went inside, closing it behind him. He dropped the key on the table. The entire house was eerily quiet. That wasn't unusual. His brother wasn't home often.
        Dave went to his old room and sat on the bed. He had been holding tears back this entire time, and now he let them flow. He broke down crying.
        What happened? He wondered. Everything was fine... 
        Dave was aware that Karkat had been acting a little different towards him, but this week was better. Or so it had seemed. True, he had been spending a lot of time at John's house, but it was for a good reason. Dave had no idea were Karkat had gotten the idea that he saw him and John kissing. Nothing like that ever happened, and never would happen. 
        Dave was still sobbing. He felt numb. He wished he was back at home with Karkat, but he knew Karkat didn’t want them there.
        Dave stayed there and eventually fell asleep, but he didn’t sleep peacefully. He kept tossing and turning and waking up. Something didn’t feel right, but he somehow managed to get some sleep.
        He stayed at his house for most of the next day, but the odd feeling that something was wrong was still there. It was bugging him. He was worried, and he didn’t know why.
        Dave decided he would try and go talk to Karkat. Maybe that was what was bugging him so much. He started walking in the direction of the house. He got there quickly considering how slow he walked. Taking a deep breath, he went up to the door and paused, staring at it. Something still felt wrong. He hesitantly knocked on the door.