Chapter 36

"Oww, can't you be a little bit more gentle.." Taeyong whined at the sting on his cheek, when Luhan dabbed the antiseptic-liquid with a cotton onto his bruise.

Luhan didn't say anything and just kept cleaning his wound with pursed lips and brows.

"Man, that brat can throw a punch." Taeyong remarked as he cringed on the sting, when he moved his jaw muscles.

After he was done cleaning and applying a layer of cream to help heal the other's skin faster, Luhan glared at him,"You didn't had to take the blame."

"What blame?" Taeyong feigned innocence.

"You know exactly, what I am talking about."

Taeyong shrugged nonchalantly as if he really don't have any idea,"No, I don't."

"You wouldn't have gotten this then." Luhan continued and pressed his index, at the other's cheekbones for explanation and earned a pained yelp in return, making Luhan laugh at his dramatic reaction.

It was actually an honest reaction but on seeing the older laugh, Taeyong too joined in.

Moments later, when they finally stopped laughing and fell into silence, looking at Luhan, Taeyong smiled woefully,"It's the least I can do for you."

Luhan looked up at the other and said gently," You didn't had to, Tae."

"Would you have told him the truth then?"

The older kept quiet as he nibbled on his bottom lip and eventually shook his head.

"See."

"Fine." Luhan sighed out,"And thanks."

"Don't." Taeyong made a face at Luhan on hearing his appreciation," It feels awkward."

"Yeah,yeah." Luhan rolled his eyes and grinned back in return.

"Hey, where do you think that Brat went to?" Taeyong asked, when he looked at his watch, which showed 9:37 pm.

After the door was shut, the younger didn't came back in.

"He must have went to Chanyeol's." Luhan replied in distress.

Taeyong nodded his head in agreement,"But it was a first, no?"

"What?"

"That was your first time yelling at him like that, right?" Taeyong confirmed his question with a grin.

"Yeah."Realizing it, Luhan felt guilty and nodded at the younger's question as an answer,"Stop grinning!"

"But he deserved it, so don't feel bad about it." Taeyong said as he continued grinning.

"Shut up."

"Ouch." Taeyong faked a heart pain.

Luhan only rolled his eyes at that,"Get out already, it's getting late."

Taeyong pouted in return,"You are so mean."

"It's because you deserve it too." Luhan laughed at the other's face.

"Fine. I will get going then."

Luhan nodded.

They went towards the exit but before stepping out of the house, Taeyong turned back and hugged the older.

"I am always with you, Han."

Always..

Luhan patted the younger on the back with a smile,"I know."

After coming out, Taeyong stopped midway on the road and then touched his heart, it was still reacting in the same way as before. Beating at an abnormal pace. He smiled and looked back at the house.