Chapter 12

"Do you think his asleep?" Mrs. Park looked at his son who was in the same position for the past one hour.

"I think so." Baekhyun too turned to look at the tall figure which he forgot was still there because of all the distracting talks they were having.

"Let's make dinner." Mrs.Park excitedly exclaimed when the time on Baekhyun's phone showed exactly 7 pm.

"Okay." Baekhyun replied and looked at the sleeping figure beside them.

"Its okay, let him be. He needs sleep since he hasn't slept because of me for hours now." Mrs.Park started walking out,"Also, if he wakes up he won't allow me get out of the bed let alone make dinner."

Responsible friend as well a responsible son...Impressive.

"Baekhyun." Mrs.Park looked over at Baekhyun who was washing the veggies with full concentration.

"Yes?"

"Is Chanyeol the same at school?" Mrs.Park asked.

Baekhyun was confused,"Same?"

"I mean does he always try smiling off everything."

He does that.

Baekhyun understood what the other was saying,"Yeah but his not really good at it."

"You can see it too." Mrs.Park asked and Baekhyun nodded,"He does that every time the atmosphere gets dense."

"Can you help Chanyeol pour out his emotions?"

Baekhyun looked up from his task and at Mrs.Park whose bubbly happy face was now replaced with a sad one,"I think you know that he  lost his father not long ago."

Baekhyun nodded.

Mrs.Park stood beside Baekhyun while looking down and let out a breath," Even after all this months his still not letting out his sorrows in fear of getting me weak and putting on a brave face which helps but hurts at the same time."

Mrs.Park sighed," I know it still hurts him and his just being strong and trying not to breaking but I can't do anything about it because it will probably hurt him more if he gets me worried . He takes care of Sehun too-"

Mrs. Park gasped," Oh god, I am not even there for Sehun when his like my own son too, poor Sehun. " Mrs.Park's eyes started watering,"Chanyeol is doing what as a mother I am suppose to do both for him and Sehun".

Baekhyun could see Mrs.Park blinking back her tears as she exhaled her breathe,"And my condition isn't helping either, even my little winches get him worried all over." Mrs.Park smiled sadly,"You see, his afraid he will lose me too because its in the rarest of the occasions specially when we think everything is fine our precious ones are taken away from us."

True.

Baekhyun rubbed Mrs.Park's back as he tried to comfort her. Mrs.Park  weakly smile," Also, he pretends to be happy when he definitely is not but since you came he seems genuinely happy. He once even told me how happy you make him and that's what he needs- he needs you. Please help him through it."

Mrs.Park looked at Baekhyun expectantly as she tried not to let the tears roll off her eyes.

Like mother like son.

"You don't have to request. I am there for him so are his other friends and I guarantee you it won't be long until you get back your happiness-over- dosed son." Baekhyun playfully joke in the end making the other smile.

"I guess." Mrs.Park laughed as she fanned her eyes,"Too emotional."

"Yeah, let's get back to work." Baekhyun just smiled.