Chap 13: Arrival

Chapter 13
Arrival

Yuzuru's Point of View

"All set?"

Oka-san asks me when we're about to reach the venue of the contest.

I nodded at her. Yes, I'm set. I'm all dressed up in a formal and nice suit. I brought my camera and I even put a little make up on my face even though it's not my thing. Even styled my hair a bit, to make me look presentable in front of the crowd.

I say I'm set. But my heart and mind?

I'm not... yet.

I felt different emotions. I feel fear, sadness, excitement and they're all mixed up. Half of me says to back out and half of me says go ahead and try everything.

"We're near, Yuzu. Get ready."

I clenched my fist.

Get ready. I sighed in frustration. I guess I can't and I will never be ready.

"I hope you win." — Nagatsuka

I smiled when I remembered what he told me that night before we left. Nagatsuka's a great friend. And I'm really thankful for I met him and became him great friend.

I held the bracelet he gave me that night. I promise, if I win this, I will thank you for encouraging me and for giving me hopes I'll get through this.

I smiled once again when I saw the venue not far from us.

Yes, Nagatsuka. I hope so, too.

———

[Noon]

Ueno Naoka's Point of View

"All set?"

I asks to all of my friends when I saw them standing in front of me. They were sweating but it made all of us happy 'cause it means we really worked hard for their comeback.

I looked around and saw how colorful their home is. The sala's full of floating balloons and also, full of different origami hearts that were made by Kawai. It was indeed cute and I didn't know she knows how to make them, and I'm thankful they are 'cause it made the whole place more lively.

We even prepared our hand-made cards and even prepared foods and snacks for their coming back. We all felt happy with a mixture of nervousness 'cause this is all a surprise and we don't know what they'll be reacting once they open the door of their sala.

To be honest, we started 1 PM. We finished 3 PM after preparing everything we need. It was indeed exhausting but we took a rest for a while before setting all the finishing touches. Even Hiroshi-kun came and help us work with our surprise. And I'm thankful he did came, 'cause it made the work more easier.

"It's 4 PM, guys. One more hour and they'll be here." Nagatsuka said. I glanced at Ishida and he actually made more cards than us, which made us happy. I don't know what Ishida and Shouko Nishimiya talked to last night but I'm thankful Ishida isn't gloomy and stubborn anymore, unlike yesterday.

Anyways, we waited and when my phone rang. I immediately took it.

Subject: (´∀`)♡
From: Yuzuru
We're almost there. Maybe, we can meet up on a restaurant for dinner with others.

I smiled 'cause they don't really know our surprise. I hope this could make them happy.

I replied back.

Ok, Yuzu. But go to your house first,okay?

And sent.