Who Are You?

Mina

It's been 2 months ever since the accident and I don't see any changes from him. Although they started to took off the cast on his right arm and left leg, there is still no sign of him waking up. Sometimes when me and my members try to talk to him, he's poiting finger would sometimes flinch a bit and then the next time we try again... back to no response.

That kind of scenario went on for 2 whole months. After Starlight released the bonus track of their previous comeback, an English song, "Heartbeat" (a/n: heartbeat by Marcus & Martinus. Just imagine it's owned by Starlight hahaha) 5 days after Ashie got into the accident, they've announced that their next comeback might take a bit long to be released since they wanna focus on taking care of him.

The media soon got a hold of the news about Ash's current condition and some of the sasaeng fans from other fandoms are actually sending hate messages towards Ash and the whole Starlight. Some sasaeng fans would even send them messages but mostly pertaining to Ashie, saying that 'I hope Ash never wakes up and would just die in his sleep.' ; 'Ash deserves that situation of his. Hah! Stupid leader.' ; 'Starlight is even more of a flop without their stupid leader. I hope he dies.' and a lot more.

Luckily for Starlight, their fans, the COMETS, would confront those sasaeng fans, slapping them with their own hurtful words and slapping them with facts that Ash is a great leader and he will soon be back.

I'm actually starting to lose hope but then memories of me and Ash back then would come and slap me right in the face, telling me that I shouldn't give up. That I should keep holding on to the small hope that he would wake up sooner or later.

We just finished recording our Dance Practice video for What Is Love? Once version (a/n: video above 👆🏻) and we are currently sitting on the wooden floor forming a huge circle. I suddenly remembered Ash's first time in this room when we first met again after how many years. I remembered how embarrassed I kinda felt when he saw me in that penguin costume.

No one decided to talk as we are all thinking about the same thing, the same person. How is Ash?

The only sound that can be heard inside the practice room is our breathing.

I guess the silence is too defeaning that our maknae decided to speak up.

TY: I wonder how long Ash-oppa is gonna sleep.

Her sentence caught our attention. Until she was followed by the rest.

NY: It's actually boring without him. I miss chasing him around the dorm everytime he makes fun of my height although I'm older than him. No offense, Chaeng.

CY: none taken, eonnie. Is that an offer? *rolls her eyes* but I actually agree. I also miss his laugh.

SN: I miss his surprise appearance everytime I'm focusing on my phone, making me drop my phone on the tiled floor of the dorm everytime he does that.

MM: I miss his cooking especially jokbal.

JH: you think nothing but food, Hirai. Geez. I miss him calling me "Jihyo-neechan" while trying hard doing an aegyo.

JY: I miss pulling my no jam jokes on him with Chaeng. Although the no jam bros' jokes are always lame, he would still find it amusing and would still laugh.

TY: I just simply miss his presence around us.

Everyone let out a deep sigh and the guilt started to build up inside me once again.

MM: it's no one's fault, Mina. I know you too well that I can read what you're thinking with just one look. Shit just happens, you know. And sometimes... we just have to learn how to deal with it.

JY: since when did my roommate became so genius about these kinds of stuff?

MM: what the hell does that supposed to mean, Yoo Jeongyeon?

JY: aaaaand... I take that back. Pabo Momo is back on track again.

MM: you are so sleeping on the floor tonight. -_-

JY: I always do though, no thanks to your army of plushies.

Everyone managed to let out a laughter although I can feel that the laughter is not as genuine as before. We are all affected.

The room fell silent again when my phone suddenly rang. I took a peak on the Caller ID.

Incoming call from:
Starlight Donghae

"It's Donghae." I looked at my members as I answer the phone and put it on speaker.

"Hey Dong. What's up?"

"Are you on speaker, Mina-yah?"

"Ne. How is he? Any changes?"

"I uhm... I think you girls should come here right away. Like... right right right now."

"W-What's wrong? Is... Is Ash okay?"

"He's awake, for real. That's the reason why I called."

"We're on our way."

I ended the call and hurriedly stood up.

I'm supposed to be happy that he's already awake but why do I feel uncomfortable? Why?

The ride to IMC didn't take long since there's not much vehicles so less traffic.

Me and my members rushed off to find room 037 (a/n: Mina's favorite number is 37)

I saw Minho and Donghae outside the room along with the rest of the Starlight members.

DHae: he's awake but the doctor is still---

I didn't get to hear what Hae said since I barged in right away into the room and it's true.

He really is awake. My Ashie is awake.

I rushed towards him and hugged him tightly burying my face at the crook of his neck.

"I'm glad you're finally awake. You worried the hell out of me! I thought you'd never wake up."

I then felt his hands on my waist, his deep sigh and him slowly pushing me away, looking at me with no intentions of speaking up.

"Are you---"

Ash: you probably walked into the wrong room, miss.

"W-What do you mean?"

I looked at him with such disbelief.

Ashie: I'm sorry miss, but... who are you??

Everything around me just seemed to be a big blur until Doc Zico walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

Doc: Ms. Myoui, I need to speak with you and his members, along with your members too.

Doc Zico gently led me out of Ash's room where I was still processing Ash's 3 deadly word question.

To be continued!

No author notes, right now. Everything is Going Smoothly so yeah 😂😂

See you on the next chap!

-Ashie