Chapter Seven

I looked up at Jimin with furrowed eyebrows, liar. 

He shrugged as he continued walking across the dance studio, watching my reflection from the mirror as I followed him.

"It's true, we all have secrets we don't like to share. Even Jungkook who is the most open about his past life has told most of his story," Jimin muttered as he massaged his wrists before breaking out a simple dance move to show off.

I looked down at my own wrists before copying his moves, not only did I find out that Jimin loves to dance and sing I also saw a new side of these cold hearted gangsters— their soft side. Hoseok openly told me about his past, Jimin barely got into the subject but hopefully he'll answer my questions while we dance. I smiled a little as Jimin clapped, clearly amused.

"You're doing great, sweetie," Jimin muttered before breaking into a laugh.

His eyes disappear and his cheeks look more visibly pink than they used to, it makes him look so much more inviting.

He busted out another move which seemed more trickier than the one before, he almost tripped on his shoe but he quickly regained balance before pulling it off flawlessly. All I could do is watch in awe, he looked so happy and joyful as he danced.

"Who were you," I ask, starting off slowly before getting more in depth. "Before you ended up here"

He let out a small chuckle, why does everyone laugh when I ask? He took a deep breath before sighing, clearly upset.

"I had my whole life set out for me, I was going to go to an amazingly important college along with Jungkook. We were both top A students, like most of the BTS members before their lives changed. Everything was great until Yoongi and his little squad showed up, Hoseok and Taehyung. Jungkook and Taehyung had been best friends ever since elementary school, even though they had totally different home towns.

Jungkook and I worked in a Walmart where we would occasionally steal a bit of money to help out with college funds, something we had been doing for a while. Once we heard the boss was looking for us, we already knew he had caught us.

Luckily, Yoongi, Hoseok and Taehyung were on the run, making their way to Seoul so we instantly hopped on the bandwagon before they could take off. I'm guessing Hoseok already told you what happened when we got to Seoul, didn't he?"

I nodded slowly as I stared at him blankly. "What about your family?"

"Enough questions for today," his face went solemn and serious before turning to the floor to ceiling mirror. "I think you should leave"

I quickly got the message and ran off to my room where Jungkook had been putting my stuff away, he was hunched over my cabinet as he placed the neatly folded stack of clothes neatly together.

He looked up and instantly smiled, his little mole could be clearly visible even from the door. Such a cute little mole, I just smiled back before heading towards him to help.

"It's fine, I've got it," He whispered, his voice was deep and raspy. He cleared his throat before repeating it loud enough to hear.

"Oh," I smiled as I awkwardly sat down on my bed, patiently sitting there.

"I heard you were creeping into peoples past," He suddenly starts, turning towards me before standing up straight. Now that he's standing in his normal position I can see how long his body is, the way he bends over and stands again really shows off his height.

I fidgeted with my wrist like Jimin always does, his eyes dropped to my wrist almost as if he knew who I got it from.

"Just a little digging around won't hurt," I muttered slowly, awkwardly.

"Don't end up in a deep grave," He muttered slowly, he turned to the door to check if anyone was standing near. He turned back to me and lowered his voice. "Follow my advice, don't ever ask Taehyung about his background and family. He may be tough and cold on the outside but in the inside he has a soft spot for them, the only way he can express his emotion is by fighting"

He breathed in heavily before sitting down next to me. "He's like a teenager, his brain can't process things. That's why you can never drag them into a serious topic because they can't understand how to deal with the situation which will lead to stress and anger. I've been with him long enough to see few sides of him, maybe try to understand before asking about family"

"Is that why Jimin was upset?"

He nodded slowly. "Most of us have learned to deal with the past, understanding that what is done is done and there's no going back. I won't say names, but some of us just can't accept things. It's better to not bring it up and hope they will just move on"

"You care about them a lot, don't you?"

He smiled. "Of course, fuck what they used to drag me into, they were always there for me. They were there to protect me and give me hope when I had none, they were the ones to equally share my pain with me. And that's why I love them"