Chapter Sixteen

Taehyung walked into the kitchen, dragging his feet behind him as he slid onto one of the kitchen stools. Bags under his eyes and he stared at the stove as Seokjin cooked fried rice. Seokjin glanced over his shoulder at the lifeless Taehyung who didn't utter a word.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"I was forced to stay awake," Taehyung replied groggily.

"By who? Jungkook and Jimin again?" Seokjin laughed, recalling the pair who tied Taehyung onto the bed post. "I remember when you woke up you were so pissed"

"Mina," Taehyung corrected, rubbing his face annoyingly.

Seokjin raised his eyebrows, turning completely to the man who glare back at him.

"Did you do it?" Seokjin asked, lowering his voice.

"Do what?"

"It"

"No, you pervert," Taehyung scoffed before slipping his phone out of his pocket. "After I gave her a phone she's been calling me non-stop, she even has me as 'xxxtaetacion'"

Seokjin chuckled turning to the now cooked food.

"Let her have her fun," Seokjin muttered, his back facing Taehyung. "She's still young, and she definitely likes you"

"Likes Taehyung?!"

Both men turned to Jungkook who stood by the door way, a disgusted look on his face.

"You're kidding," Jungkook recoiled.

"Not in that way," Seokjin scolded, making Taehyung glare at him. "She's starting to warm up to us, especially Yoongi"

"'oppar! oppar!'" Jungkook copied. "She's always on his dick as if he were a sugar daddy"

"I am her sugar daddy, the fuck?" Yoongi casually walked in, a can of coke in one hand and his phone in the other.

"Isn't Mina sleeping?" Seokjin asked, beginning to divide the food equally on plates.

"I'm texting her right now," Yoongi stated.

"Taehyung," Namjoon placed his arm over Taehyungs shoulder, making Taehyung jump.

"Namjoon hyung" Taehyung muttered.

"You care about her, don't you?" Namjoon asked, sitting down next to the nervous Taehyung.

"Hyung, I—"

"I know you've been with her since she was fifteen, I know you've seen her grow along with her sister," Namjoon turned to Taehyung seriously. "As much as you loved Minsoo, Mina needs some of that too. You can't keep ignoring her because you feel guilty"

"Hyung—"

"Listen to me," Namjoon scolded. "Forget about the past Taehyung, there's an amazing woman that absolutely adores you. Don't you think you should love her like you loved Minsoo-"

"Hyung," Taehyung yelled, suddenly serious. "I love Minsoo, why would you want me to love her sister?! I'd be betraying her!"

"I know you used to like her," Namjoon muttered. "Until you met Minsoo, your attraction turned to her. And as much as you love Minsoo, you shouldn't be pushing her sister away. She needs some answers, she needs you. I know you used to protect the both of them with your life, I know you can protect her now"

"Never," Taehyung growled, getting up from his seat. "The phone was just an act of kindness. but I'll never give Mina the answers she wants, you want her to suffer like I suffer on a daily?"

"So you do care?" Namjoon asked, the whole room went silent.

Seokjin and Yoongi quickly grabbed their food and dashed towards their rooms, leaving Taehyung and Namjoon alone.

"I'm not going to love Mina," Taehyung growled. "She doesn't need it, she doesn't need my pity, she doesn't deserve my love. She has six other gangsters who can protect her"

"But you love her," Namjoon rose his voice, he place his finger on Taehyungs chest harshly. "Deep down you want to protect that child, you want to keep her safe because she reminds you of the woman you used to love. You'd risk your life for her, because she's the replica of Minsoo"

"Shut the fuck up," Taehyung yelled, pushing Namjoon away from him harshly, making Namjoon hit the wall with his back hard. "She isn't any way like Minsoo, she's not as beautiful as her, she's not as gentle and caring as her. I can't love Mina because I already love Minsoo"

"Minsoo is dead!" Namjoon yelled. "Get over yourself, Tae. She's gone, the only person like her is Mina. If you love Minsoo so much, if you miss her then you shoul—"

"Shut the hell up!" Taehyung growled, punching Namjoon violently. "She's not dead—"

"She died!" Namjoon yelled, pushing a violent Taehyung away from him. "Get it in your head Taehyung, she's gone and you can't bring her back. Mina—"

"I don't give two shits about Mina," Taehyung yelled, his eyes becoming teary. "She's the reason Minsoo is dead!"

"Taehyu—"

"I'm the reason my sister died?"

Taehyung and Namjoon stared at the doorway with wide eyes, staring at the woman who held her hands close to her chest. 

"She died because of me?" She asked again, demanding for an explanation. "Why are both of you silent?! Answer me!"