Chapter Twenty Nine

KIM TAEHYUNG

5 YRS AGO

"She's unlikely to remember anything," The doctor muttered, looking down at Mina's medical papers. "I think you should try helping her out"

"Try?" I ask, dibbling on my bottom lip nervously.

"Something's preventing her to remember, it's as if she doesn't want to remember," The doctor explains, biting the back of his pen as he said so, avoiding eye contact. "We've asked her multiple times, she doesn't want to talk but she is a bit confused. I'll let you try, you may go in right now. She's awake"

"Alright," I say, bowing as the doctor walks away.

I glanced through the window and inside the room, Mina sitting on the bed, staring around the room curiously. The last thing I wanted was a girl who didn't remember who I was, nor her sister who I loved with all my heart. I didn't even want to see her face, she reminded me too much of Minsoo. I looked away, inhaling deeply and making my mind up. I glanced back one last time before I walked away, far away from her and her lost memories.

+

MINA 

PRESENT

"Mina?" Taehyung asked, placing his hands on my shoulder as we walk inside GOT7 dorm.

I shake his hands off, walking away from him and inside my own room. I lock the door behind me, recalling the memories that pilled in. I still could see Taehyung peering inside through the window one last time before he turned and walked away, the first time I had seen him in that stage of confusion in my life. If he had stayed, if he had helped me remember, would things have been different?

I didn't care though, I felt like there was no one I could talk to now. Jungkook knew me before yet he didn't bother coming back to help me, BamBam nor my brother came to help, at that time I didn't even remember having a brother, even Taehyung ditched me. And now that I thought I had finally met someone who might have ended being a great friend, I find out he had raped both me and my sister. To think I trusted all of them at one point, even Taehyung who I had looked up to. 

"Mina," Yoongi called out from the other side of the door, knocking softly. "Why don't we talk?"

I didn't hesitate opening the door and letting him in, peering into the living room where some of the members were grouped before closing the door. Yoongi laid down on my bed, waiting for me to lay by his side. I did, I found comfort in his presence. He wrapped an arm around my waist and stare at the ceiling as he pulled my closer.

"You know, sometimes life is confusing," Yoongi mutters, his voice soft and kind. Its as if he understood, he would understand every feeling I felt and everything I said. "Sometimes you don't know which route to take, what to do or what to think. But that's just life, no matter what happens you keep going"

"I. . . I just feel misunderstood. Why did they all leave me when I needed them?" I ask, snuggling against him as I thought. "When I had lost my memories, why didn't they help when I needed them the most?"

"They didn't know how," Yoongi explained. "They didn't understand, they were also confused. Of course, Taehyung and Jungkook, your brother too, they all left you but for good reason. Sometimes, love blinds people. Jaebum, he seems pretty tough and full of himself, I would only guess he didn't want to seem weak to his friends. Taehyung and Jungkook loved you, but I guess they were just confused, their feelings were mixed up and I just think they didn't know how to handle the situation. Sometimes you think its easier to give up than try"

"Yoongi," I mutter. "I thought I had remembered everything, I thought I knew what I needed to know. But memories keep flooding in, I cant tell what's real or what's a nightmare."

"I know it can be confusing," Yoongi muttered. "But if you ever need to talk, I'm here"

Using my elbow to prop myself up, I turned to look at Yoongi. He peered over at me, his face blank as he copied my position and stared back at me. 

"I. . ." My voice went hoarse, my eyes dropping to his lips and his dropping on mine. "I don't know what to feel anymore"

"Life is complicated," His lips moved slowly and steadily, licking his lips as he continued. My breath slowed, my heart beat quickened as my body burned and my insides flopped. "But it gets better"

I leaned in until our lips were only a few inches away, our breath hitting each other slightly. He placed a hand on my cheek, tilting his head as he pressed his lips against mine. I slowly closed my eyes as he took over, his lips moving against mine slowly and playfully before he quickened his pace. 

"Is the door locked?" He breathed out, pulling away for a breath.

"Mhm," I hum.

He laid me down, his hand on my back as I leaned down against the soft pillows decorating my bed. He ran a finger down my hair as he kneeled over me, pressing his warm lips against mine. I became anxious, my body slightly shaking. I didn't know what to do, what to expect. I pushed the thoughts aside as I became desperate, unbuttoning his shirt blindly as Yoongi pressed his lips deeper onto my lips. 

"Do you trust me?" He asked, pulling away to admire me.

I closed my eyes and nodded.