Chapter Twenty

LIM JAE BEOM P.O.V

I have no idea how she ended up here, all I knew was that she was scared. Sweat prickling down her forehead, eyebrows furrowed, she looked horrified.

She lay still as a solid statue next to me, I laid on my side and stared down at her sleeping figure. She had aged wonderfully, she was beautiful and young. Plump lips, dark thick eyelashes, perfectly designed eyebrows, her slim pale face.

She was still as beautiful as ever, she had cut her beautiful long hair up to her shoulders. With one unsure hand, I pushed a stray hair behind her ear.

"Jae—" She muttered. "Jae bum"

I looked down at her as she shook.

"Don't hurt me"

I wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me, she slowly calmed down. I could feel her tense muscles relax against me. I placed my chin over her head as I breathed out.

"Love"

+

"Love," Taehyung breathed out. "Something I couldn't give Mina, and now she's gone"

"Taehyung," Yoongi placed a hand on his shoulder. "You're getting better, don't you realize?"

Taehyung turned to his hyung, tilting his head slightly. 

"You're not breaking down like you were during Minsoo's death"

"Because she was the mother of my unborn child," Taehyung muttered, he knew he didn't feel the same way towards Mina. "She was the woman I had planned to spend the rest of my life with"

"So, you wouldn't love Mina that same way?" Yoongi asked. "You never felt that way towards her?"

Taehyung didn't respond, he was still unsure. He felt like he wasn't gone, its as if they had a connection and he just knew she wasn't dead. If she were gone, that special piece in his heart would be shattered by now.

"I don't know, hyung"

+

"We should go," Hoseok muttered, shifting uncomfortably in the room Jaebum had set aside for him.

"They told me they'd leave Bangtan alone if I stayed," I said, a frown on my face. "But maybe I can convince them on letting you go back?"

"No, never," Hoseok recoiled, picking a piece of meat from his plate with chopsticks. "I can't just leave and go back to Bangtan, leaving you here with these dorks"

"Hoseok, I'll be fine," I said. "Jaebum is my big brother, I'm sure he'll protect me"

"Hobi," He corrected, shoving food into his mouth. "Just call me Hobi"

"Hobi," I pronounced, trying it out for myself. "You should go back to Bangtan and tell the other I'm safe"

"They probably know you're safe," Hoseok muttered. "If Taehyung isn't breaking down in tears, they'll know you're still alive"

"How?"

He shrugged, eating as if he hadn't eaten in years. "After being close to someone for so long, loving their sister and bonding, I'm sure he'll know if you're still alive"

"You think?" I asked with a smile, looking down at my plate with a little smile. "Well, I'll go clean my dishes and come back. Sounds okay?"

He nodded, giving me a thumbs up. "If you're in trouble just yell," He said with a full mouth.

I gave him a thumbs up before picking my plates up and walking towards the kitchen.

Jinyoung and Jackson were walking around, passing ingredients to each other as they cooked their own meal. Both heads turned to glance at me, they both bowed their heads slightly before continuing their cooking session. I awkwardly passed by the two bodies on opposite sides of the small kitchen and made my way towards the sink.

"Leave it in the sink, Minnie," Jinyoung said with a smile, looking down at the stove. "I'll clean it later"

"No, its fine," I shook my head quickly before turning back to the sink, turning it on and beginning to wash the plates.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath, pulling my hand out with the plate in hand. The water was burning hot, making me drop the plate onto the floor.

The plate shattered into a million pieces, drawing the attention of the two men onto me. 

"I— uh, I'm sorry," I quickly muttered, kneeling down quickly and beginning to pick up the shards.

Luckily for me I'm not the type of dumb ass to cut my finger and I managed to grab most of the big pieces before one warm hand held mine.

I peered up at Bam Bam that kneeled in front of me, helping me pick the pieces up.

"Just grab the big pieces and I'll sweep the rest," His voice was soft and hushed, almost relaxing as my tensed muscles dropped. 

His eyes were still on the floor, focused on getting all the pieces to even notice me staring. He was beautiful, his features struck me familiar. 

+

"Minnie!" 

I looked up from my swaying feet, my hands on the metal chains beside me. 

"Kun?" I asked, tilting my head slightly making my two ponytails bob slightly

"I'll push you!" He offered, running towards me as he waved his hands in the air.

We were probably like five, looking like little people roaming the park during the afternoon while the other kids left to go eat dinner with their families. Kunpimook didn't even make it half way towards me when his left leg wobbled in front of the other, making him fall face flat. I jolted from the swings and rushed over to him kneeling childishly as I tilted my head slightly. I poked his head as I called his name out.

"Should I call unnie?" I asked.

"Minsoo noona doesn't need to know," He groaned, trying to pick his head up.

Instead of crying like any other child would do he jolted up on his feet and smiled.

"Let me push you now!"

I smiled broadly as we turned to the swings, racing.

+

There was one thing I knew now for sure, I knew BamBam before I met Jaebum or Taehyung or Jungkook.

I smiled politely before thanking him silently. He looked up at me, rising an eyebrow as he smiled.

"Maybe later we can hang out, go to the park? I'll push you on the swings?" He asked knowingly.