Chapter 4

A dark figure prods my head. It's malevolent, it sucks all the light and happiness out of everything. It's back again scratching and tearing bits of my skull apart. I fall into a void of pitch black again and I feel my blood spilling out. From everywhere. I hear a voice calling my name in the distance. I feel a force surging through my body, like something's trying to save me. But it can't.

I sit up in a bed in a blank white hospital room. It was polished but utterly empty. Having the impulse to run, I jogged around the hospital, trying to find someone but I could only find myself wandering endless white corridors and turning up at dull rooms.

Something chases me. I have no idea what it is and I don't even look back but I run all over again. Back to where I woke up. I swing the door open and it hits the wall with a resounding crash. I stare at the bed. I'm sitting right here. No, I'm standing at the door! There's a screen at the far end corner of the room which I probably didn't notice earlier. A heart rate monitor.

The lines zig zag irregularly . I look back at the figure. She's awake looking at me. Her head is bashed up. She has a gash on her cheek and wide ones on her wrists and knees. I look back at the screen. There are no more zig zag lines. They run straight like they are not looking for anything anymore. The lights go off and come back on immediately. The figure stands in front of me. Her eyes are hollow and endless. She sticks a long pale arm out and her fingers encurl my neck.

                    |• • • • • • • • • • • • |

I woke up panting. My eyelids felt heavy and my brow was lined with sweat. I glanced at the clock.

3:00

What the heck was I doing up so late?
I felt a dull pain in my neck and realised I was half hanging from the sofa in the room. I rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes and thought I'd just start work again, make breakfast for Yoongi and sleep in the afternoon. I'd sleep better knowing at least some of my work was done.

I went up to my bed. It was tidy, really  tidy. Had Yoongi done this? My phone lay on my desk. Looks like I hadn't left it back. It was switched off. I shoved my hand in my backpack and got out my  charger. I swiped down to look at my notifications.

15/05/18.       Tuesday
3:09

4 texts from Genius
1 missed call
3 e-mails
⏰ Reminder : "Deadline Saturday". Three days late. Swipe to turn off reminder.

Wait what?!

I looked back up. Tuesday?! What in the absolute..? Oh no! There goes my track. But what was I doing sleeping  for three days straight?? No, I slept on Friday night. I checked my texts now.

Thursday
Genius : Heyyy you're not home yet! :(.                                       (Time unknown)

Me: unable to load

Genius : Oh no I'm on my way hang on.

   Me : unable to load

I refreshed my texts once more.

Sorry your messages can't be loaded please try again.

I was mad and confused. Maybe my emails will help. The first one was from my phone service company.

Dear user,
The sim you requested has been deactivated. If you wish to continue use call _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Since when did I do this?

I checked my other mails. One was from my director.

To Y/M
CC to Y/C/M

Dear Sir,
It is with a heavy heart that I confirm that Y/N will no longer be working in our company after Mr. Min has confirmed the news negative. This is very distressing, she was a really dedicated worker.
Tomorrow I will ask Mr. Min to clear out her accounts.
Regards,
Y/D/N

Okay, first of all, what the fuck.
This can't be happening, did they just terminate me? Why? Why if I was a good worker? And what does....... Yoongi.....what does he have to do with this?

Can I wake him up now? He'll have a monstrous temper. But my job is at stake here I can't...

I went into his room. I found his mini suitcase and his clothes all over the place again.

Is he leaving....?
No.
Tell me this is not true.

I noticed broken glass bottles everywhere. Yoongi hates drinking why would he do this? Where is he?

That's when I heard a door latch clicking open. I rushed to the front hall to see Yoongi in dark and drenched clothes. His brown hair plastered his forehead and tears streaked his cheeks. His red rimmed eyes which were usually a piercing dark brown were now reduced to a dull grey. His fists were clenched up.

I barely whispered, "Yoongi...wha-"
He dropped to his knees, buried his head in his hands and screamed. I immediately ran over to him and three my arms around his neck. I couldn't bear seeing him like this. His shoulders shook heavily and he reeked of alcohol but he was here with me and that's all I cared about right now.

He suddenly got up. I called him but he straight up ignored me and locked himself in his room before I could move. I knocked for a long time on that door, begging him to open it and panicking at the sound of crashing glass inside. I felt hopeless. What was happening here?

My vision blurred and I felt dizzy all over again. I slumped down on his door whispering his name. It was never like this. My shoulders started heaving as tears streamed down my own face and I blacked out.