Chapter 26

So this is what it feels like. I tried to keep my fingers steady as I disrupted the whole place, hoping to never see it again. Everything was blowing up. Fear, excitement, resent, regret that things were never good, relief that they are about to become better.

Yoongi smirked as he helped. Unfortunately we hadn't come to the hard part yet. Everything landed with a deafening sound and we knew we had to make a sprint for it. I heard shouting and saw lights from the corner of my eye. Only one word is being screamed inside now.

Run.

___________________________________________

Well, everything panned out pretty damn well since we made our escapade. Yoongi and I landed contracts with minor record companies but they were pretty good and had sustainable audiences.

He was always focused and dedicated and went on major projects but I stuck to my little gigs, enjoying the lack of limelight. I'm quite surprised nothing has come after us. It was us doing the chasing. Chasing goals, a perfect life.

Lazy mornings with black coffee, working on what we enjoyed the most, intimate evenings and hot nights that slowly descended back into dawn. The cycle stayed the same but how we played it out was what kept it going.

Happiness I can't finally feel it. And nothing can snatch it away in this moment.

Or maybe that is possible.

I wish I could say months went into years. But the problem is, you don't get to choose how long or how perfect. Because the purpose of living is that it gets to fuck with you.