Chapter 8

Day after day I was getting pretty nervous about going to school. Yoongi and I had almost every class together and we'd occasionally steal glances at each other. But I definitely did most of the staring.

I usually never gave a damn about how I looked but these days I kept running my hands through my hair and sniffing my wrists and all. From the corner of my eye, I always spied on his perfect profile with his deep rosy lips and his piercing eyes. They looked like lion's eyes, I observed.

I arrived early at school one day cause I was having a tough time at home with my parents and I needed to get something out in my book. It was quite cold and the school corridors were a little foggy. In the distance, I saw a tall, lean figure approaching me. Hail to the gods! It's Yoongi.

I was awestruck at how picturesque he looked walking around in the fog on an early morning. But painful thoughts found their way back into my head and I zoned out, never noticing the patch of slippery surface on the ground and I gracefully skidded to one side and fell on my knee. Jeez, I lost my grip on my book in the process and I watched a few of my sketches and papers fly out of it. A severely embarrassed me looked up to see Yoongi already arranging my sheets.

Yoongi's POV

I was walking around school really not bothered about how early it was cause I was so happy. I finished completing my first song after weeks of practice and sleepless nights.

It was bloody foggy outside and I hated cold weather. I pulled my hood over my head and zipped my hoodie up to my neck. Stuffing my hand sin my pockets, I ambled along the school corridors.

I noticed a figure in the distance. Who the heck was up so early? I made out the face of Y/N. Oh. Oh no. Thank God she was a mile away, I felt my cheeks turn a beetroot red. Jeez okay I never acted like this before but I don't know, she just catches me off guard. There's this aura around her, deep thoughts behind that smile of hers she's almost always wearing. No one will ever notice. Everyone will always think she's just another normal girl at school.

But I remember. That evening at that cafe. Her eyes, if you took an extra second to look into them, you could feel your universe shift. I was drawn to her. People bored me usually but she got me right there. Ever since then she's had me. Luckily no one noticed my feelings either.

I thought that I shouldn't approach her like at this time in the morning. Her pace was brisk, her head bowed and I made out her worried look. I thought I should at least say hello. As I opened my mouth to try, she slipped and fell and some sort of portfolio of her flew into the air and sheets were pretty much all over the place.

Clumsy af. Perfect.

I let her pick herself up while I tidied her sheets. I know I shouldn't have but I glanced at one full of writing, quickly folded it up and popped it into my pocket whisky she collected herself. I know it's creepy and totally uncalled for but I was curious and I only wanted to know more. About her. Her mind. Her thoughts. If anything could give me even a little bit closure it was this.

I looked up at her. She had the most horrified expression on her face. Oh no, did she notice? But she just got up and walked over. Although I don't think she was as pale as me for her cheeks to go dark red, the tips of her ears were pink. She mumbled a really inaudible "thankyou". She looked so forlorn but all I could do was stare cause I'm not the open sort. I gave a small smile and met her eyes. Their gaze was so soft, yet there was someone hurting badly behind it.

I quickly back off before it turned into a staring contest and she continued, this time she half ran away. Did I creeped her out? Good one Yoongi, seriously man very smooth, you're the shit.

YOUR POV

Did Min freaking Yoongi just...ughhh I hope to satan he didn't see anything. As it is half fucked thoughts scare people away and I was even more fucked up. Now I just needed to get away. My migraines were getting worse.

I sat in the empty music room and started to write. By the time I was done, there was still five minutes left for buses to arrive. I hopped up and made my way to class. What did I have today? Computers, psychology, I don't know, anything to take my mind off of home. I was still pretty mad and I burst into the classroom only to find a sleeping Yoongi curled up at the back of my class. Right bloody next to my seat. Am I cursed?

Nah I don't give a shit, I walked over anyway and I quietly went about my own stuff. Students gradually started pouring in and classes were finishing already. No, I can't find the mood to go back early, I could go elsewhere alone after school, maybe I should talk to Ash about it.

"So today, I have a sort of an assignment. You'll have to partner up with whoever is to your left and do a survey on student behaviour. It can be a set of any fifteen questions", I jerked my head up and looked. For cripes' sake. Yoongi was to my left.

My psyc teacher droned on," Y/N would you please explain how you would go about the survey since half the students here don't get anything right?"

"Yes sir. First you would have to set an objective as to what you would want to find out particularly about student behaviour, then you'd have to frame your survey, collect data, analyse it and interpret the results", by now the whole class was staring. What? Doesn't take much brains to understand the textbook.

"Excellent Y/N. Now, since the gentlemen understand, we shall report back day after tomorrow."

YOONGI'S POV

An assignment? In two days? You're kidding me. With Y/N? Wow this class escalated quickly. And bleh I think we can do it since she seems to be a total psyc techie. Maybe I should initiate the conversation I don't know...

"So ugh, hey, looks like we're partners", her voice drifted to me. My head shot up and I met that gaze. Again.

"Yeah so, ugh, we have two classes free cause i heard the teacher didn't turn up so we'll frame the questions then..?"

"Yeah sure, by the way I'm Y/N."
I know. Believe it or not I even know the meaning of your name idk why cringe.

"Yoongi."

The next two classes, we slowly started on the specifics. She tried being friendly and somehow, I found it easy to play back to her. In the end, I got to know she's bogus about animals, loves the colour emerald, despises rules, owns a stack of highlighter, doodles over her left wrist often and has a funny habit of brushing her nose and lightly scratching her ear.

In turn I told her about what I like to do, what I generally think of people-- which really isn't the most positive thing on earth-- about my life in my old school and that I like playing the piano.

Curse the bell, it rang for the second time and we had one more class separately before we left. No, I wanted to sit and talk to her forever. She's way observant and notices almost everything about people. She could even make out my character, quite accurately at that. It was fun hearing her drone on. Her half deep voice gave me a lot of comfort. Nevermind.

On the way back, I spotted the boys and walked over. They were laughing about something. Taehyung was missing. As I looked ahead to see what they were laughing at, I saw Y/N's friend....Ash? At least that's what I heard her call her.

Taehyung had a small smile on his face as he listened to her talk about something. I know that damn smile, our Tae-Tae is finally falling. That's nice, she seems like the perfect type for him. Even she had huge dark eyes and a boxy smile, not to mention her way of dressing was similar to his. Even her height fit with his profile well. Okay, I'm observing too much now.

He came back and we all crowded around him, he brushed it off and tried to act mature but Jungkook and Jimin wouldn't stop at it. From the corner of my eye, I saw Ash and Y/N walking back together. She seemed to be teasing Ash too.

Like it was some sixth sense, she looked back directly at me and smiled. Cute. I nodded my head and gave her an eyes smile, without managing to show my teeth like an idiot. For once, I've done a good job.