Chapter 16

My eyes almost completely refused to open. Yoongi gently tapped my cheek.
"Y/N?"
"Grhh."
"It's been an hour wake up!"
"Tbhghfd."
"WAKEY WAKEY RISE AND SHINE MOTHERF- okay Jin's around excuse moi."
"Kim bloody Taehyung I will cut a bit-
How did you even get into my room?!" Yoongi scolded.
"Y/N doesn't seem to be aware of the use of little locks on doors these days."
I stayed silent. My step monster would kill me if I ever locked doors, although recently she calmed down a bit and even got minutely friendlier, but I  still wasn't used to it.

"Get out you shitty little-"
"Excuse me?" Jin was at the door.
"Man why is everyone making their way into my room?! Jin I'll swear at these little brats if you can't control them so suck it okay?!"

"Jimin gladly would" Taehyung retorted, laughing his face into a bright red.
"Yeah and Y/N can help" Hoseok appeared out of the blue.
"I wish" I growled.
Wow, wait what the fuck did I just say?!

Everyone laughed except Yoongi. Man I don't even know why I was laughing at this.
"Okay for real now get out, the lot of you!" Yoongi changed his tone and okay, that version of him was scary but his face relaxed once they left and he turned to give me a funny glance.

"You wish huh?" He smirked.
Oh don't do that.
His smirk can bring anything on it's knees, no kidding.
"Shut up."
"Okay okay😂."

We headed out.
"So what are we doing?"
"(Favourite ice cream spot.)"
"Okie yay."

The place was tiny and too colourful for my liking but the (favourite flavour) ice cream is sublime. Yoongi picked out a peanut butter chocolate.
"I have a nice surprise for you after this."
"Can't you hint at it at least?" I laughed.
"Nope but I know you're gonna love it."

We finished our ice creams and reached a huge shack on a remote street. Yoongi took my hand and led me in. I heard a commotion of barks and mews. Knowing what was coming, I raced ahead of him into the shack, excited, to see the most precious sight ever.

Puppies were rolling over each other and their mothers. The cats sprawled out on the floor and the kittens stared up at me in curiosity in the midst of their games. I felt tears pricking my eyes when I saw how a little golden pup nuzzled it's nose against my shoe.

Yoongi was leaning against the door behind me and he grinned at me when I turned back to look at him. The golden pup noticed him and dashed to him immediately. He picked it up and nested his face in its fluffy back and it licked his face in turn.

"This is an old shelter. My grand aunt used to own it but now one of my cousins runs the place and luckily he's landed himself in a good job so he can support all of them. And this little critter here," he said holding the sweet pup up, "is Holly. I'm planning to adopt her next week."
"Awww! How often do you come here?"
"I visit this place every week. I saw her three weeks ago when she was really little and well my heart took to her. She's such an angel. She can play ball really well." He cuddled her again and I melted.

Just then, a door upstairs clicked open and an old fashioned bell rang. A boy who looked about two years older than me and funnily resembled Yoongi, descended down the stairs,  flashing a huge smile.

"Ah, Y/N, this is my cousin Jihoon, Jihoon, Y/N."
"Finally you found yourself a girlf-"
"How's Holly been holding up?" He quickly saved me the embarrassment and I gave him a grateful glance.
"Excellent, you can take her today in fact, unless you want to wait for next week."
"Ah I'm a bit busy tomorrow and day after so I'll just do that."
They exchanged more pleasantries and I played around with the kittens.
I was really taken with one that had silver eyes and a dusky grey coat. She climbed onto my thigh and sat there the entire time.

When we had to leave, I was quite sad. Jihoon however was really nice to me.
"Y/N, I'm glad Yoongi's gotten to know someone like you."
Turning to Yoongi he whispered as I was again distracted by a cat tugging at my ankles "She's really genuine and pretty dude, good luck."
I thanked Jihoon for letting us visit and I offered to come and help around the weekends.
"Thankyou Y/N, I'd be pleased to have you with them. Visit again soon please" He winked.

I felt light and better. I was so happy that I slipped my arm around a red faced Yoongi's arm and strolled around. His place was far and we left the car at the boys place so we had to walk a little longer.

YOONGI'S POV

My heart was hammering against my chest as Y/N slipped her arm through mine. Her eyes sparkled as they kept glancing at me. I was happy I made her forget, even for a little while.

Tomorrow is going to be hard for her.

We chatted and I enjoyed the warmth of her soft arm. I know I'd give anything to stay like this forever. The city lights glimmered in the distance.
We reached the car and I felt an infinite amount of sadness when she drew her arm from mine.

She wanted me to take her home but I didn't want to let her go back there. They'll only make everything worse. Then I thought of the stupidest thing ever, I know she'll have hell from everyone for what I'm about to propose.

We reached her place.
"Look."
"Yes?"
"Pack your stuff, I can't leave you here tonight."
"Yoongi! You kn-"
I grasped her hands.
"Please I can't leave you here with them in this situation. I promise I've thought everything through. Trust me."

Your POV

And I did. Although it was crazy and chances of my death shot up. It's okay, they don't seem to care anymore.
I scraped my hands on the walls as I climbed up to my bedroom. I grabbed a huge backpack and stuffed as much as I could fit in for three nights.

This is crazy. I'm gonna stay with a guy I just got to know? What if these guys call the cops?! I jumped out and gripped a few stray rails and slid down. Yoongi was still there. I threw the bag in the backseat and jumped into the car with him. He gave me a don't-carish smirk.

We were halfway through when he started laughing. His eyes crinkled up and his teeth and gums shone. His laugh was raspy but so cute. I started laughing too. We pulled over on the side and laughed till tears ran down our cheeks. It had been years since I laughed liked this.

And it felt really good.