Prologue

Summer could hear heels clacking against the hardwood floor outside of her room and knew it was only one person. She stuck her head out of her room's door and smelled the Vanilla scented perfume. She sniffed and let out a deep sigh as she once again fell in love with her mother's scent.

She headed back into her room and grabbed her phone off the charger and her Saint Laurent purse that was hanging off of her closet door. She made sure everything was turned off before closing her room door and heading downstairs where she expected everyone to be.

Walking in, her eyes landed on the woman that gave birth to her. She couldn't believe how beautiful her mother looked. It's not an everyday thing to see her mother so dressed up and her makeup done to perfection, but even without the makeup her mother was simply flawless.

 It's not an everyday thing to see her mother so dressed up and her makeup done to perfection, but even without the makeup her mother was simply flawless

Beyoncé looked up from her newly purchased iPhone 8+ to see her daughter staring at her. She gave Summer a slightly, weird look before shaking her head and looking back towards her phone.

She could feel Summer's presence growing closer to her, yet she didn't say anything. Her children had a weird habit of just being under her. She knew it was only for comfort and love, but it was still weird since they were nearly 18 and grown now.

"What do you want?" Beyoncé questioned, never breaking her attention away from her phone.

Summer smirked, "You look good and you smell good. You must be happy to see someone."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes, "Girl, please. I can't look good for myself?"

"Yeah you can! But you can also look good for someone else why also trying to look good for yourself."

Beyoncé shook her head and decided not to respond, knowing Summer would eventually get the picture and leave her alone. In no time, Skylar was emerging from upstairs with her phone in one hand and her wallet in the other. Immediately she went over to her mother and just like Summer, she stood closely next to her mother, looking down at her phone.

Skylar slightly frowned when she saw that her mother was texting a guy – a guy that wasn't her father. Even though they are two years divorced, it still felt weird for her parents to not be together. Not having both parents in the household weighed down on her a lot.

"Who is this Justin guy that you are texting?" Skylar asked. Beyoncé sighed and exited out of the messages app, not wanting to be lectured by her own child.

"Are y'all ready?" Beyoncé questioned, ignoring Skylar. For some reason, Beyoncé's ex-husband and also the father of her twins wanted to have dinner. It was his weekend to keep the girls so after the dinner, the twins would be leaving with their father while their mother went out to enjoy her Friday night.

They gathered into Beyoncé's 2018 Mercedes Benz GLC 300 and headed to their favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. It took them all but twenty minutes to make it. They walked inside with Skylar leading the way. She has always been a daddy's girl so Beyoncé wasn't surprised to see her so eager to meet her father.