Epilogue

3 years later

"Ugh, I'm so happy to be leaving this shit

"Ugh, I'm so happy to be leaving this shit." Skylar mumbled to herself as she looked herself in the mirror dressed in her military uniform. She was finally leaving base after a full month of being held hostage. She missed her family and couldn't wait to see everyone.

She unlocked the door to her all black Dodge Challenger, the first car she ever purchased on her own. I guess you can say the military pay and benefit has been treating her well.

For the past three years, she has been living in New Orleans, Louisiana. She hated she had to leave Texas but she enjoyed the new scenery and the new people she met while being in the U.S. Navy.

When she entered her car, she dialed her aunt's number and waited for her to pick up. Solange answered on the third ring.

"Hey Sky, what's up?"

Skylar's relationship with Solange became even stronger, especially since Solange was the only family she had out in New Orleans. They did everything together and was more like sisters rather than aunt and niece.

"Hey Solo, I'm just letting you know that I'm leaving now."

"Okay," Solange said, "Is your tank full? Do I need to give you gas money?"

Skylar laughed and began driving off, "Girl no! I'm on a full tank. I'll let you know if I stop anywhere to get more. I should be in Houston in no time."

Skylar was finally going back home to Houston to see her two favorite people, Serenity and Shawn. It would be Shawn's 45th birthday and he had no clue what he wanted to do. Little did he know, his daughters would be coming home and giving him the biggest surprise ever.

"Alright, be safe! Love you!" Solange said to her niece. Skylar said it back before ending the call. She said a silent prayer to herself as she got ready to make the 4 to 5 hour hour drive back home.

_______

"Hey Summer, do you still plan on going to Africa with us?" Summer's professor asked

"Hey Summer, do you still plan on going to Africa with us?" Summer's professor asked. She smiled and nodded her head.

"Of course. I already paid my dues. We leave in two weeks right? I'll be back by then."