12.

"We are so late for school. What the hell is she doing?" Summer asked as she threw the banana peel in the trash. Skylar sat at the kitchen table eating her Honey Nut Cheerios. She shrugged her shoulders while looking down at her phone.

"Go see what's taking so long. I don't care if we go to school or not."

Summer rolled her eyes, "And you see why your grades look a mess."

Skylar looked up at her sister and frowned, "Girl, fuck you." Summer stuck up her middle finger and made her way up the stairs. It was Thursday and she had a test in another hour so she couldn't miss school. Her mother has never been late taking them to school. They had called Beyoncé's name a thousand times and she has yet to respond.

"Mommy.." Summer said softly while slowly opening her mother's bedroom door. The room was nice and neat and didn't have anything lying around. She didn't see Beyoncé anywhere but she could hear shuffling coming from the bathroom.

"Mama, you know we late for school right?" She said, sticking her ear near the door to hear. She heard the cabinet close and soon the door opened. Summer stared at her mother's red face and glossy eyes with a concerned look.

"Are you okay?" She asked frantically.

Beyoncé turned the bathroom light off and nodded her head, "I'm sorry. I really don't feel good right now." Summer looked her mother up and down to finally see that she didn't have on her work scrubs. Instead Beyoncé was clothed in leggings and a plain white shirt.

"You're not going to work?"

She shook her head and grabbed her belongings off the bed, "I called in a couple of minutes ago. Are y'all ready?"

Summer slowly nodded her head, "Yes, but what's hurting you? Your head hurts? You know you always getting headaches and migraines for no exact reason."

"Girl I don't know." They walked out of the room with Beyoncé trailing her daughter. When they made it into the kitchen, Skylar looked at her mother and shook her head.

"You look a mess. I hope you're not going into work looking like that. You going to scare all those patients away."

Beyoncé stared at Skylar, cocking her head to the side, "You always have some slick shit to say Skylar."

Summer laughed, "Just knock her out one time, please! She's so dang annoying."

"No seriously," Skylar said putting her empty bowl into the sink, "Why you look like that?"

Beyoncé sighed, "I don't feel good."

"What's hurting you? Your head hurts? Because you know you always get those headaches and migraines for no reason." Beyoncé smiled hearing her daughters saying the same thing. Their looks were one thing, but it still tripped her out when they repeated the same thing. It was like they were in each other's heads.

"I don't know what's going on. It's probably just a cold or something. I called into work though."

Skylar smiled, "Well since you're not going to work, we don't have to go to school. We already late. Might as well not go."

They headed out the house and got inside Beyoncé's Benz. "Y'all are only twenty minutes late. Calm down."

Once Beyoncé dropped her children off at school, she headed right back home and hopped into bed. She hated she had to call into work, but there was no way she could work a nine hour shift and be just fine. Working in a hospital only made things more dangerous and she didn't want to waste time going into work when they were only going to make her go home.