13.

Marjorie stared at her two clients as they looked everywhere but at one another. Shawn stared at the wall while Beyoncé rocked side to side, looking down at her fingernails. They had been in their session for ten minutes already, but it felt much longer.

"So you guys just aren't going to communicate today?" Marjorie asked, looking in between the two, "Y'all seemed fine last session. What happened?"

Beyoncé rolled her eyes still not speaking. She didn't feel the need to say anything since she felt like she wasn't the one with the problem. Shawn accusing her of still messing around with Reggie made her extremely upset because she knew the truth and he didn't trust her.

Shawn stared down at his watch and clenched his jaws. He didn't understand why they were even in counseling today if they both weren't going to speak.

"Shawn," Marjorie called to get his attention, "What happened?"

Shawn sighed and sat back on the couch. For the first time since being there, he looked towards Beyoncé. As usual, she looked as beautiful as ever but every time he thought about her, he thought about Reggie and how she really was going to start a new life with him. It made his chest hurt just thinking about her with someone else.

"Everything is just a blur to me right now," He said with a shrug, "I just remember picking the girls up from school and seeing her literally naked with another man."

Beyoncé chuckled and shook her head, "He's so dramatic. That's not true because I wasn't naked. You making it seem as if we were about to do porn or something. Shawn you know what happened before you left. I had a robe on so I wasn't naked. When Shawn left, the guy I was seeing had showed up on my doorstep unannounced. I had no clue he was coming. Me and Reggie no longer communicate and we actually stopped talking because I told him about us. Reggie and I are a done deal and I've told him this, but Shawn just think I'm still talking to this man."

"Do you not trust me?" Beyoncé asked, "When have I ever given you a reason to not trust me?"

Marjorie looked at Shawn, "Look at your wife Shawn. Answer her question."

He sighed and turned towards her. "I do trust you Bey. I just feel a little insecure when I think about you with someone else. I just hate for another man to think he has a chance with you. I hate that I fucked up because seeing and thinking about you with someone else kills me."

"But why? Why feel insecure? I chose you, I have kids by you, I was married to you. You have no reason to feel like that and I never gave you a reason to feel like that. I've been loyal to you my entire life. Even when I get cheated on and lied to, I still chose you."

Beyoncé wiped away her tears. She didn't understand why she was so emotional these days, but her first instinct for everything is to cry.

Shawn grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it multiple times and that only made her cry harder. Marjorie sat back in her chair with a smile as she watched them talk things out.

"Communication is a very big part of a marriage," Marjorie said, "You guys have to communicate. There's no 'I'm mad so I'm not talking to you,' you guys have to talk and work these issues out. Sex solves nothing and brushing things under a rug and forgetting about it doesn't help either. Talk to your husband Beyoncé, not your friends. Talk to him. He doesn't know how you are feeling if you don't say anything. Let him know when you don't like something he does. Communication is very important and I'm pretty sure you guys know this by now."

Beyoncé nodded her head, "I understand now."

"What was your purpose of signing up for marriage counseling Beyoncé?" Marjorie asked.