mermaid | got7's yugyeom

warning: side pairing; minghao/rose and some small interaction with the other guys as well XD

y u g y e o m . r o s é

[got7 . blackpink]

▬▬▬▬▬

- in which he doesn't believe in mermaids, but she's the terrible, annoying (but cute) proof

▬▬▬▬▬

Yugyeom's friends, the 97 liners squad, always love the sea. Yes, he does too. However, in a certain point. The sea always calms him, the sound of waves crashing down on the sand and birds squawking somewhere far beyond.

But he doesn't like the sea when it comes to swimming. Unlike his friends who are now taking off their tops and quickly jumping towards the water.

"Morons." Yugyeom muttered, shaking his head when his friends started to splash water on each other. "I wonder why I'm friends with them."

"Yeah, as if you're any different from us." Minghao sarcastically said. "You're probably the worst one, but next to Jungkook. I know how you deal with your bandmates, idiot. Don't even question the fact why we're all friends."

"Yeah, and that sarcasm of yours just proved the fact you're one of us." Yugyeom said. "Why aren't you swimming?"

"Nah." Minghao said and sat beside him. "I just don't want to."

"You like water but you don't go near them." Yugyeom pointed out. "Are you like one those of the stories where a fish-person traded its tail for a pair of legs?"

Minghao just let out a soft chuckle. "As if you believe on those things."

"Yeah." He shrugged. "I don't really believe on those shits."

Minghao didn't spoke and instead just smiled. Yugyeom always see how Minghao's eyes light up when he sees water (which is like every time, considering water's everywhere), but there's also this hint of sadness, as if he's missing something; or someone.

▬▬▬▬▬

"Dude, where's Minghao?" Mingyu asked as he flipped one of the barbeques.

"Taking a bath, probably. You know how he takes long in the bathroom." Jaehyun said and helped Yugyeom at the table. Bambam's busy playing with Jungkook and Seokmin on their phones.

"I'm going to beat you!"
"Keep dreaming!"
"AAAAAAH! You bastard!"

The others rolled their eyes at the noises. "I'm going to call Minghao." Jaehyun said. Yugyeom only nodded and arranged the plates and utensils. He was about to reach for the drinking glasses when Jaehyun went back, huffing.

"That's fast. What did Minghao said? Did he cursed at you?"

"No, he's not even at the bathroom." Jaehyun said, still chasing his breath.

"Let's go look for him then." Mingyu said. "You know he's bad at Korean, he might get lost."

▬▬▬▬▬

Minghao looked at the sea with a forlorn smile. "I miss swimming."

"It's been a long time, you bastard." A sweet honey voice rang out from somewhere, the accent quite familiar to him. "I've searched for you for such a long time, only to see you here in Jeju?!"