eyes on you | svt's jeonghan

doesn't hannie look like a prince in the picture? yeah this fine man made me do this

j e o n g h a n . r o s é

[seventeen . blackpink]

▬▬▬▬▬

- in which the daughter of a business tycoon snatched the attention of a royalty

▬▬▬▬▬

"Boring." Chaeyoung softly muttered, taking a bite of a sweet the hosts of the party prepared. She was in the long table where foods are aligned. One of the caterers shyly handed her another pastry, earning a warm smile from her. "This is utterly boring."

A woman slightly older than her arrived, taking the pastry in her hands. "Chae, why are you here?"

"I'm eating, of course," she pouted, reaching for the sweet. She lets out a whine when her older sister took a step back, distancing the dessert from her reach. "I'm so bored, unnie. Can't I just entertain myself with food?"

"That's not how you're supposed to do," Jiyoung retorted. "Now, go. You're supposed to talk with other people. Communicate!"

"I thought that's Dad's job?" Chaeyoung incredulously asked, gaping as her older sister pushed her away from the food table. "You're the successor, not me! Why am I—"

"Find yourself some fine man to snatch," as soon as Jiyoung said that, Chaeyoung finds herself alone in the center of the ballroom. She rubbed her covered arms, hissing lowly as she scans her surroundings around.

When she realized that most people have someone to talk with, she nonchalantly shrugged and decided to go to the balcony. Damn her sister's orders, they both know she won't be obeying any of it sooner.

Chaeyoung lets out a sigh of relief as the night wind caressed her skin, closing her eyes as she rested her hands on the well-intricate balustrade. Talking with people, especially to those of higher status, was never her forte. First of all, she's shy to no end. She's not a conversationalist unlike her sister, who seems to do lots of research of how to start a conversation, and definitely not entertaining to be with.

She groaned at that. She just recently reached 21, but her parents and sister are now searching for her boyfriend. She was definitely more free than her sister is, who keeps appearing on the news for varying reasons, but that doesn't mean she gets to do whatever she wants. Of course, there's the family's reputation to uphold. And there's her sister's. Then, of course hers.

Despite that, her family was starting to pressure her to find the so-called 'the one'. Chaeyoung could still remember the judging look she gave to her father when he said that. Her father still believes on something like that? Well, she could understand him a bit since he married their mom, but still.

"I think I'll never be able to date," she said, her voice carried by the wind. "Why would someone date the eccentric me? I mostly talk to myself, I prefer food over company and I like to be alone most of the time."

"Who are you talking to?"

Chaeyoung yelped, turning around to face the unfortunate person who gets to hear her self-pity party. This is why she hates parties, there's no privacy whenever you go. "I-I'm sorry—"