hidden stares and stolen glances pt.2 | svt's vernon

here is the second part, sweethearts! so comment rather GENEROUSLY bECAUSE sCh0oL StArTeD and IMMA GONNA DISAPPEAR OFF THE EARTH AGAIN TEEHEE

▬▬▬▬▬

"No, wrap your arm tighter." He tapped Vernon's arm that was encircled around Rosé's tiny waist.

"Okay." Vernon softly said, obliging on what the instructor said.

After a few scolding and lots of awkwardness, the instructor groaned. "When I come back tomorrow, I expect you two to be more natural and harmonized. That's all for today."

The instructor left and the two of them were alone again. They stared at each other. After several moments, they both burst out in laughter.

"Do you think there's a chance that he'll change the choreography?" Vernon said, struggling to speak.

Chaeyoung bit her lower lip, stifling laughter. "I-I t-think s-so..."

And they laughed again.

"W-Wait..." Vernon said, putting his hand on her shoulder. She won't deny that it made her stop for a while. "I'm hungry..."

She was about to speak when her stomach made a grumbling noise.

"You're hungry too." Vernon grinned, making him handsome more than ever.

▬▬▬▬▬

"Wait, try this." He softly said as he fed her.

They were in a restaurant, disguised in their long parkas with furred hoodies, face masks and shades. They're sitting in the far corner of the place, trying not to draw attention. They were speaking in English softly. Chaeyoung speaking in Korean would make people notice them and Vernon talking loud would do the same.

"Wow." She commented. "The food is great."

"Yup." He chuckled. "Seungkwan and I go here a lot of times. Going with the whole group would attract attention."

"Oh," she laughed. "I guess it's hard, huh? Being with a large group. You guys seem to know each other a lot already, though."

"We've been together for years. We already had some misunderstandings and conflicts. But we're still friends. Even though you can't deny that there'll always be a closer person. Seungkwan has been my close friend. He's my rival at things."

"Oh, just like Lisa and I, then." She said. "We always fight. But in the end, I'll forgive her and she'll say sorry. She kept saying that she doesn't really want me to get angry because I'm scary when mad."

"I can see. You're very nice and modest. I wouldn't like to see you mad." He teased and continued eating. He didn't mind that she used it earlier.

She cheekily smiled and continued to eat. They were having a small talk when a flash was heard. A camera's flash.

"Shit! I didn't turn off the flash!"

"Shh! Don't get loud! You're just taking a picture!"

"Shit," Vernon hissed lowly. "We didn't get caught, did we?"

Chaeyoung secretly looked beside their table. Two young women—just around their age, probably—were obviously looking at them.

"They both look familiar..."

"Are you finished?" Vernon said. Chaeyoung looked down and saw that her plate is already cleared. She nodded, "Yeah."

"Okay, let's go. Let's pay at the counter." He took his shades on along with his face mask. He took hers and helped her wear it on. He took her hand to his and pulled her to the counter.