Chapter 43

1 month later
Fergal's POV

"Baby! Stop resisting! Take your meds!" I told Y/N, holding back her hands. "No! They make me feel like an insane person," she pouted. "You're the furthest thing from insane...." it was silent until we both burst out in laughter. "We're both insane people!" She cried, laughing. "I know, right! But for real, take your meds. And if you don't make suicide references for the rest of the week, you can leave!" I smiled brightly at her, excited for things to get back to normal.

Her face dropped. "Suicide references? I don't do that. You're the only person aside from my dad who I trust with this information... that's just not me," she explained. She wasn't lying. She never spoke about her emotions with anyone else.

"Well in that case, you should've been let out ages ago. Someone must be filing fake reports," I suggested. "They won't let me leave until all thoughts of suicide have left my mind. It has. Kinda. But I don't talk about! I'm getting better! I haven't even had a nightmare this week!" She clung onto my shirt. "I'll speak with somebody. You stick to whatever you were doing," I kissed her head before leaving.

Someone was trying to have my girl for themselves. Now I know how Y/N felt when Laurel was constantly flirting with me.

"Can I help you?" It was James. I never really liked James. There was just something off about him. "Uh, yeah. I'm looking for a worker. Someone's been lying about Y/N so that she'll stay in the hospital," I told him. He instantly looked guilty, making him a prime suspect. "I- uh.. gotta go," he said before walking away fast.

It's him.

He wanted Y/N.

She was mine.

She is mine.

She always will be mine.

I walked back to her room and saw James there. I glared at him which made Y/N glare at me.

"You're really pretty. I don't see how you of all people could consider themselves ugly," James flirted. I scoffed. "Don't take a genius to work that out," I muttered, taking a sip of water.

I sat next to Y/N and put my arm around her, holding her in my chest. She tried to break free since she wasn't a fan of PDA.

"Thanks J. You're not bad yourself," she winked. I couldn't believe it. Was she really flirting with someone else right in front of her own boyfriend.

I faked a cough to try and get their attention, but I didn't receive it.

"Goddammit Y/N! I'm out!" I snapped, throwing my hands up in the air. "Already? You've only been here a while," she pouted. I groaned and face palmed myself. "Forget it. Text me when you realise what you've done," I said before grabbing my bag and leaving.

I was fuming. I called an Uber to take me back to Mark's. He and I really hit it off last month.

Michelle greeted me. "Hey Fergal. Haven't seen you in a while," I gave her a genuine smile before grunting. "What's up with you?" She asked. "Y/N," I replied. Mark walked in. "What happened this time?" He sighed.

I told them everything. About how someone's lying to keep her in and how she was flirting with that same guy.

"So she didn't realise she was flirting? And didn't realise you were mad at it?" Mark questioned, sitting back in the expensive lounge. "Yep. Last thing I said to her was 'text me when you've realised what you've done'. She still hasn't text me," I gave him a sad look, earning a sympathetic one. "She'll realise it sooner or later. Unless she's in love with this guy," that made my stomach drop. "W-what?" I stuttered. "I was joking. She only has eyes for you," He smiled. "I hope so.." I sighed.

Sorry it's short. Next one will be longer. Sorry for any mistakes.