Chapter 2 - Burden upon ones shoulder (1/4)

The smoke arose continuously making me suffocate in the heat of the room but as I thought that I was actually not going to be able to continue on, I saw my Diamond's cape laid burning in ashes right upfront. I got up and scurried to it choking for words of worry but as I took a final leap across from the heavy fire, I landed onto a weak part of the floor tile and fell right onto some wiring and the inner builds of the floor but that still couldn't maintain my weight and so I plunged down going much deeper below. I could only see Scratches of light and an unclear view as I fell but I noticed that I was falling continuously that the crack of the floor above faded from sight.
My body finally hit the flooring of somewhere. I struggled to pick myself up, "awh, ukh what the?.." I noticed that I wasn't anywhere in the ship anymore. I looked at my cramped surrounding, the floor was scratchy metal and it seemed that it went along continuously front and back, there was nothing else to say about the place where I was at but mostly it was blank. "My diamond! I need to get back up there and save her!" I thought to myself as I looked up only to see pure darkness. "Thats strange" I mumbled to myself.
I halted for a moment as I took the time to think of ways to getting back up there, looking into the narrow front direction. I soon decided to explore around hoping to find a way out of this place and get to a transport, I hunched myself a bit as I walked straight making sudden thumps here and there but I soon made a stop to hear words coming from beneath me. There were small cut outs on the flooring for me to distinguish light and peep in looking down to whoever was there.

A raspy and slightly deep voice started,
"Please, my grand clarity, I beg for your forgiveness! I promise you that this will never hap-"
Another voice cut in as I could make out it was coming from a Sapphire,
"If you may, I didn't expect something like this to happen here, especially coming from you as a Morganite. Your display of regression however is giving me second thoughts about even to promoting you a minor clearance, but since this is a very pleasing colony to be inhabited by gems such as you, I will offer you mercy... just don't even try to confront me again after this!" She said ending her words. The Morganite gem bowed down, "My grand clarity.." with that she left the room, following the Sapphire after.
"Huh, what was that?" I said to myself. Nothing else happened after that and there was total silence now. I continued walking straight but I noticed that the holes where I peeped in were present each metre away from each other and within each one a room was beneath it, I stopped for a moment and laid my head onto the gaps listening to whoever was there,
"... Hukh, I know right? That gem doesn't even have high standards."
An Agate started. She seemed to be talking with another gem of her kind in which the other replied, "They should really assign a Zircon for her, she's really been a phase to my line of work."
For a while they talked about several other random things and I got bored listening to them but as soon as I got up to leave one of them brought up the topic of Pink Diamond.
"Do you recognise the Diamond to whom has not own a single colony yet?"  She started, "well, she has a higher status than me so of course I know her." She replied.
"Well, I've heard that recently she has been immensely involved in some sort of project that Blue Diamond assigned for her, the project had been consisting of  many gems as test subjects in order to..." she stopped her words as the sound of the door opened following an elite walking in. They were both now in total silence and they stood straight presenting honour and respect to the aristocrat passing across them. The gem left the room and both of the Agates sighed and continued chatting.
They didn't bother to continue on talking about Pink Diamond's project which I was really interested in and so out of boredom I went straight away from listening. I proceeded, now crawling forward since this place got much more narrow. I stopped once more to the voice of someone screaming. I peeped in the apparent gaps as I gasped in shock,
"AAAAaaaAAAAAaAAAaAHHHHHH!!!" A gem screamed. She was held onto a board, chained, as another gem beside her zapped her using a gem destabiliser staff. It was pointed directly at her gem causing her immense pain and pure agony swept her face. I recognised the scene as it looked similar to the images I saw of what happened in the Pink Diamond  Gemmetics project.
"Fail number 56, proceeding with jumpstart procedure and total lock down chamber session for subject D48,
Bringing in subject D49, Yellow Tanzanite for re-stabilisation phase." Another gem said as she was holding the restrained one. She could no longer maintain her form and poofed  right on the spot after of what the gem said.
"What the heck? This is really messed up, how can Pink Diamond do something like this to innocent gems!" I exclaimed in my mind but of course for no one to listen.