back home (18)

all mistakes are mine.

to be honest, i lost track of how many times i sighed today. i didn't want to leave korea, to leave chaeyoung - even for just a week. but here i am, in front of incheon international airport, staring at chaeyoung's sad chocolate brown eyes.

even if we can't see each other's expression because of the thick masks, i knew for sure that she's frowning.

"do you really have to leave?" she asked, soft but sad.

"yeah," i answered with the same sadness. "but i'll be back in no time," i tried to make her feel better.

"how long will you be staying in california?"

"a week or less?" i wasn't so sure either. after the event and a few meetings there, i'll be back here in korea - with chae.

"i'm not sure, babe. i'll come back here as soon as everything is done," i wrapped my long arms around her petite body. "don't do anything stupid."

i felt her arms slowly snaking around me too, she buried her head in my neck. "i should be the one telling you that."

using her index finger, she traced random patterns on my back. although, i was clothed, i still got chills from her soft touch.

"don't flirt with other girls," her was voice stern, like she's scolding a child who stole candy from a store.

i instantly nodded. after all, there are no reason to flirt with other girls if i already have the girl that i endlessly dreamt of. chaeyoung is seriously everything i could ask for. . . maybe even more.

"i should go," i muttered underneath my breath.

"y-yeah," she reluctantly answered back.

i slowly peeled myself from her. we might look dramatic, but this shit is hard. we both know that i'll be coming back in a week or less, but still. i can't live a day without thinking about her, without wanting her to be next to me. the next few hours will surely be hell for me.

"come back soon," she said.

i fought the urge to just take our mask down and kiss her. instead, i nodded, grabbed my bag and forced my legs to walk away from her. i glanced at her for the last time before finally entering the airport.

--

luckily, the seat on first class is always really comfortable. it gives you a lot of leg room. and everybody knows that i need that extra leg room for my incredibly long lower body. i reclined my seat and took a deep breathe.

i turned my head to the window, hoping for a decent view, but all i saw was clouds and nothing else. i turned to ally to see what she's up to. allison is seated beside me, austin behind us. she's peacefully scrolling through twitter, chuckling every time she sees a funny tweet.

feeling absolutely bored and wanting to take my mind off chaeyoung for a little bit, i took my phone out too. i opened twitter and the first thing i saw was chaeyoung's tweet.

 i opened twitter and the first thing i saw was chaeyoung's tweet