1- A Lonely Friday Night

Thanks for coming to my show. Chat has already told Marinette that he likes Ladybug (for real) and so yeah. I don't keep up with every fan theory,  know EVERYTHING about Miraculous, or rewatch episodes very much, but I wanted to contribute my take of these events. Hope you enjoy! Fanart by Marinette.x on instagram!

Mari stood on her roof, daydreaming about Adrien again. That blonde boy was all she could ever think about, his smile constantly appearing in her mind. She loved him with all her being, but he had never seen her as more than a friend. She wanted to think about a way to get closer to him, but she didn't want him to completely take over her mind.

Marinette sat down on her chair, looking out at the city of Paris. "Tikki, why does Friday always come to this?" she asked, looking into her bag to not blow her cover if anyone happened to be glancing up at her rooftop. Her little kwami was looking up at her, sighing that she was always upset whenever she was home without anything to do. Having no homework, her parents already asleep, and nothing going on with her friends was extremely boring.

"I'm not sure Marinette, maybe you should call Alya?" she suggested, knowing that the two of them were extremely close and always seemed to have fun when they were together.

"She's out with Nino tonight. I just wish that I could be as happy as the two of them were." She thought about her two friends on a date and how they got there. It had only taken being trapped inside of a zoo exhibit to bring them together. Mari couldn't deny that the two of them made a great couple, but she still wished that her best friend was available for her to talk to.

"Well, you have two guys after you. I know neither of them are what you want, but maybe you could see where things went?"

She scrunched up her face at the suggestion,Tikki was referring to Luka and Chat. She was right. Chat had already admitted he genuinely liked Ladybug and Luka seemed interested in Marinette. But neither of them were Adrien. That was who she really wanted to be with.

"Maybe I just need a friend right now. I love you Tikki, but we can't go places out in public together." She wanted to go out and get ice cream, have a sleepover and gossip about crushes, or marathon video games, but she had no one that was available. It wasn't good to be so needy, maybe she just needed to enjoy some alone time.

"I know, so who's it going to be?"

******

She grabbed some pastries and went on a late night walk to the Eiffel Tower. She always felt awful leaving the fake Mari lying in bed, but obviously her parents would have a problem with her going out in the dark by herself.

She had a sweatshirt on over a somewhat dressy top. She wasn't set on seeing anyone tonight, but she didn't want to head all the way back home in case she changed her mind. Honestly, worrying about boys didn't seem worth it tonight. Unless that boy was Adrien. But, with his strict father, the possibility of her hanging out with him seemed beyond impossible.

Marinette made it to the bridge and stopped to admire the ducks in the river. They quaked and she took a couple small pieces of crust from the outside of her pastries. The nearby pigeons were on a light post and seemed to be screaming to say that they were the superior bird, but the ducks didn't care because they were the ones being fed. She giggled and looked at the lit tower, gorgeous at night. She breathed the fresh night air, feeling the dew that would soon be covering the grass. "Marinette!" her purse yelled in a whisper so that only she could hear it. She jumped slightly, the noise pulling her out of her trance, she looked around to see what the danger was.

"Give us your purse!" two guys screamed. They were clouded in darkness, the light posts doing nothing to reveal their identities. 

She scanned the area, making sure there was no one to call on for help before deciding to take matters into her own hands. Marinette played the damsel role well, acting like she was complying before gaining control of the situation. She took her purse off and used it as a weapon against the muggers, moving slowly at first and then quickly all of a sudden so that they couldn't see it coming.