5-Getting Over Him

"So, do you feel better?" Tikki asked her once Marinette detransformed in the safety of her room. Her parents were asleep underneath her, but they didn't seem to notice her absence since her phone had no missed calls or messages.
"I'm not sure. I like that I'm not toying with Chat, but I don't know how I'm going to get over Adrien." She plopped down onto her bed and stared up at the feeling, wondering what to do. She knew that Tikki disapproved of her revealing her identity, but a massive weight was lifted off of her shoulders. Chat was happy that it was her and was still excited about the possibility of them being together, something that Adrien had probably never thought of. He only ever seemed to see Marinette as a friend.
Tikki rolled her eyes out of Marinette's sight. She zoomed to her little bed on her holder's desk and made herself comfortable. The two teens were a lost cause when it came to seeing each other's identities coming. Chat was obviously oblivious, but Tikki knew the truth.
Marinette groaned and cursed the ceiling for not giving any advice. "Alya, get over here," she texted after a long period of doing nothing.
"Girl, it's too late," her friend responded right away. It was nine thirty on a school night and both of them had curfews of ten o'clock on weekdays.
"It's about Adrien." Alya knew how dire a situation was if it involved Adrien, at least to Marinette. Within a matter of seconds her phone lit up with a buzz and had a new message.
"I'll be there in less than ten minutes."
.
She noticed her friend sprinting down the street with an overnight bag. She snuck downstairs and let her in so her parents wouldn't be woken up. While she was gone, Tikki hid in the loft area.
"Tell me everything," she demanded when they finally got into her top floor room. She sat down on Marinette's plush chair, winded from running down the streets of Paris to help her best friend's crisis.
"I need your help," she started with. She told her friend the basics, she needed to get over Adrien. She didn't mention that it was for Cat Noir, since that would mean that LadyNoir would be paused in Alya's world (she took these ships very seriously).
"I have no idea how you think you can get that boy out of your head." She laughed at the thought of her clumsy best friend being able to form one coherent sentence around him, let alone be as normal as she was before the umbrella incident.
"I need to. Don't you think it's sad that I've been obsessing over a boy who doesn't give me the time of day?" She hung her head as she realized that that's all he would ever be, a crush. He never saw her the way she saw him and it upset Marinette that it was so one-sided.
"Yeah, but also kind of cute." Her best friend got up, her breathing back to normal, and gave Marinette a hug. They embraced as she started to think.
Marinette started revisiting every interaction they'd had; she'd completely make him her world while he was only polite in a friend kind of way. It almost made her mad. If it could always be like the day they were hiding from all his fans, it would be amazing, but she knew it wouldn't be.
She started taking down the Adrien posters from all over her room. She stacked them up in a pile where she'd give to the swarming fans she had met when his new ad came out.
"I don't think this is going to work," Alya said, snapping Mari out of her trance. "For you to stop thinking about him, you'd have to never talk to him or even look at him at school."
"Then that's what I'll have to do." She examined his beautiful face plastered on every poster she had up. Somehow she would get over this boy.
.
Alya had spent the night with Marinette and so she was actually on time to school for once.
"Let's just go straight to class, that way there will be no interactions," she advised. 
Marinette complied and scanned the area to make sure the coast was clear. They sat down and waited for the rest of the class to file in. Nino came in and talked to Alya, planning something for the weekend. Marinette put her head down and refused to pull it up until she heard her teacher announce the start of class. She felt eyes on her. She wasn't sure whose exactly, but if it happened to be Adrien and she looked into his gorgeous green eyes, her plan would never work.
.
As they were leaving, Adrien stopped Marinette.
"Hey, you looked kind of down today, anything wrong?" his sympathetic eyes looked at the girl he had fallen for, knowing the truth and loving it. He didn't know who the mystery boy she liked was, but hopefully he would be out of the picture soon.
"Nope, everything's great!" Alya said for her and pushed her away. She almost tripped going down the stairs in front of the school, but everything else was off.

Adrien waved goodbye and was confused as the bubbly girl was brisked away from her, not saying a word for the first time.

"Hey, Plagg. Do you think Marinette would be disappointed if she knew?" he asked his kwami, knowing that he was the only one who knew his secret. He thought about telling Marinette since she had trusted him fully, but now he was scared about what could possibly happen.
"I mean, I was when I first met you."
"Shut up." He tucked Plagg back into his shirt, ignoring the kwami.
He went to fencing practice and tried to drown everything out. The girl he had been wanting for a while finally wanted him, but he was simultaneously losing her as a friend? How did the two coincide with each other?
He would have to visit her again, hopefully soon.
What if she can never accept Adrien?