13-Recovery

Adrien was completely distant for the entire weekend. Marinette couldn't reach him no matter how many times she called him. She was extremely worried about her boyfriend and hoped that he wouldn't blame her for her plan that only seemed to hurt him.

"Alya, what should I do?" She asked her best friend.

"He probably needs some space. That plan, although brilliant, was really emotionally traumatizing." Silence came from the cell phone and then she said that she was going to come over.

-------------------------------------

"Hey Mari," she said when the door opened up for her. She went in and hugged her best friend, saying hello to Tom and Sabine before going upstairs with her to her room.

They walked into her room and Marinette plopped down on her bed, burying her face in her pillow.

"So," Alya started, trying to break the ice, "while Adrien is busy, you have some explaining to do."

"I really don't feel up to it right now, Alya." Marinette grabbed yet another pillow and tried to drown herself in stuffing before Alya pulled her off the bed and threw the pillows away.

She sat down next to where she had placed her best friend. "You can't do anything until he reaches out to you. So, now's a good time to EXPLAIN EVERYTHING."

She told her every little detail of the Ladybug chronicles, including how she had almost forced Alya be Ladybug but that everything seemed to stop her from doing that. She brought up that that was how she got her exclusive interviews and everything. Alya just nodded along until she got to the part about finding out that Cat Noir liked Ladybug and how that led to how close they became and why she wanted to dislike Adrien for him, but how that was counterproductive once she found out that Adrien was Chat.

"So you told Cat Noir before me? Gosh, I'm hurt!"

Marinette whacked Alya with a pillow and defended herself, "I'm sorry! But, he's been living this double life much longer than you've been!" she cried, not wanting to upset her best friend.

"But, I have been just as good at keeping secrets!"

"I know, that's why I knew I could trust you."

"Thanks for pulling me in to this super awesome superhero life. Even though I didn't become Ladybug, I'm still so grateful. Plus, Ladybug has much more of a commitment than Rena Rouge, like I'm on standby while she's constantly on call. Plus, then someone else would have made the Ladyblog and I just can't imagine it any other way."

Marinette shut up her best friend with a hug and then her phone buzzed.

"Sorry for ignoring you, I've been spending a lot of time with my dad lately."

That made Marinette happy, he needed that parental figure back in his life, but she still wanted her boyfriend back.

She turned back to Alya who was already plotting something. "So, you're free for the rest of the weekend it seems. How about we have a sleepover?"

Marinette paused for a second while she texted him back and then looked at her best friend, "well I guess I'll go and get the extra pillows." She added to the mound that Alya had torn her from and they ate cookies while talking about Marinette's life as Ladybug, specifically the Cat Noir parts.

-----------------------------------------

Adrien sat in his room, talking to Plagg. "I guess I can't be Cat Noir for a while, my dad can't think that we tricked him."

"But how else are you going to get out of this prison cell?" Plagg asked. Natalie was guarding the door and Gorilla was guarding the front door in case he passed her.

"I guess I'll have to fully commit, Plagg."

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Not sure yet." He left his room and confronted Natalie.

"Your father wishes for you to stay in your room," she told him.

"Well I want to see him." He marched down the stairs and was about to knock on the door when he heard him talking.

"I'm sorry, my dear. I failed you. I thought it would work, I really did."

Adrien knocked because the Gorilla seemed angry that he was eavesdropping.

"What do you want?" Gabrielle screamed.

Adrien cracked open the door and stood in the small opening. "I was hoping we could watch that movie again."

"Very well." He stared at the large picture of Emilie before reaching in his desk and pulled out the disk.

They went to the theatre together and watched the movie together. Adrien had to stop himself from getting upset over it, but he couldn't help but miss her too.

"She's so beautiful," he could hear his dad whisper.

"She really is." He knew his dad meant it differently, because she was the only one he would ever love again, but Adrien knew that she was pretty, but also the kindest person in the world.

The film stopped and the two Agreste boys sat staring at the blank screen as the projector automatically stopped.

"I'm sorry," Gabrielle said, barely audible.

"For what?" Adrien asked. For being an absent father? For terrorizing Paris for the last year? For making him a model so that way he could never have a normal childhood?

"For making you believe that you could trick me," he said as he yanked the ring off of Adrien's finger.