18-Negotiation

One left, Marinette thought. Her earrings were beeping because she had used her lucky charm to free Chloe and Nino who both got captured two akumas ago. None of them had discovered their special abilities yet, so time wasn't running out for them. But it was for Ladybug.

She refused to leave her friends, who were doing so well together. She even considered Chloe an ally because she was so devoted to save Paris. "If there's no people, then there's no one to torment," Adrien said to her as they worked to stop the last one. "Hey! Your earrings!"

She started to change back and the akuma reached for her right away, knowing this was his best opportunity. Adrien leaped in front of her and was grabbed instead, yelling for her to run.

She ran into an ally, trying to feed Tikki some pastries in her purse, but she had forgotten them.

"I'm so sorry, can you just transform back and then I'll give you double when we're done?"

"You know that's not how it works Marinette. I'm sorry." Tikki frowned at her holder, knowing that the situation was dire and that time was something they didn't have enough of.

She ducked her head around the corner. Adrien was still captured and since he was the only one with legitimate experience, the team was getting no where. Chloe's feet were glued to the ground, her wings unable to move. Alya's illusions were doing nothing except make her a bigger target now that he was aware of her powers. Nino... oh look Nino is frozen to the ground now too and his shield was stuck to his hand.

She needed to feed Tikki, but she also needed to save her friends.

It wasn't like she had time to run across Paris and gather food, she had to act now.

"Hey!" She screamed as she stepped out from the alley.

"Hawkmoth! I know you can see me! Let them go or you won't get my miraculous!" She had already taken off the earrings and was holding them dangerously close to her mouth, in one movement she wouldn't hesitate to swallow them. She knew that they would scrape her throat and probably hurt A LOT, but she didn't care. She had to save her friends.

"Well well well," he said with a chuckle, showing up in a swarm of butterflies that carried him. "Now I see why my son likes you. Such passion, you'd make a great next akuma..."

"IF YOU COME ANY CLOSER I SWEAR YOU'LL HAVE TO KILL ME TO GET MY MIRACULOUS."

He let go of his hands before the butterfly could change to evil. "Release them... except my son." The akuma brought Adrien to him, where he ripped off the brooch and held it in his hands. "Now son, if you'd stop misbehaving then you would see that I'm only trying to help."

Once Adrien was powerless, the akuma let him go, but made sure he couldn't reach Marinette.

"Whatever you do, don't give it to him," he pleaded.

"A promise is a promise, Adrien." She handed the earrings to Gabrielle and ran to Adrien. "Besides, if he just wants what you say, I can't take that away from you." She didn't want to be the one who traumatized her boyfriend when his dad tried to bring back someone from the dead and most likely fail... but her hands were tied. Besides, he had very low expectations of what was about to happen and was ready for the years of therapy that this would lead up to.

They hugged as Hawkmoth preformed a ritualistic chant, holding up the three Miraculouses in his hand. A flash of light ran across the sky and down to his hands, making the peacock brooch float into the air before cracking and turning into the previous holder of the miraculous.

Adrien wanted to show his father how disgusted he was with his actions, but he also wanted this to work.

The ring and earrings flew away and the couple scrambled to put on their pieces of jewelry, needing to see their kwamis. The jewelry burned, but they didn't care.

Tikki and Plagg appeared as soon as the items were on, both looking exhausted as they needed their various food items to recharge.

"Plagg, do you know what happens when you summon someone with our two miraculouses?"

"Sure do. That person comes back as a zombie... unless..." he stared at the crazy lights that were filling the sky.

"That person was trapped in a miraculous..." Tikki finished for him.

If only someone would of said that earlier, Adrien thought as he face palmed himself.

"I didn't know your mom was the peacock," Marinette whispered as they watched the flashing lights.

"I didn't know she wasn't dead," he said, wondering what other family secrets he was missing. He had gone to her funeral, had cried for days on end about his mother being gone for good. And yet his dad could of simply said that that was the case all along.