10-Double Date

"So," Marinette said as she heard her boyfriend land on her roof, knocking on her door as she opened it for him, "are you ever going to visit me like a normal person?"

"Why do that when I can embrace the double life with you, Bugaboo?" he walked down the stairs when she invited him in and plopped down on her chair, eating a cookie that was sitting on the side table. "Your parents' baking is the greatest gift to human kind."

Her stutter was completely gone around him now. The more she thought about it, the more she realized that he was also a babbling goofball around her when he was still trying to win over Ladybug. Now, they were both much more comfortable with each other because they had become such great friends right before dating.

She sat down next to him and laid her head on his shoulder. "Thanks for coming to surprise Alya, I know it meant the world to her."

"I did that for me," he laughed. "I wanted the whole world to know that the miraculous Ladybug was off limits."

She giggled as she thought about how her crush had been crushing on her as well, "and that's why I forced you to escort me to school, so everyone knows that Adrien Agreste was off limits."

"You didn't have to force me! I want to show off my princess!" he defended himself. He tickled her and she squirmed around, his flirty Cat Noir side coming out, laughing the entire time. She loved that pet name, but didn't want it to be overused. It needed to stay special.

Marinette's phone buzzed, the LadyBlog was updated with the interview and followed by a four page rant from Alya about how this was the best thing to ever happen to all of the shippers of LadyNoir.

"Well, the whole world knows about the bug and her kitty." She smiled at Adrien and kissed his cheek once.

They cuddled and dozed off to sleep together, his arm around her.

When she woke up the next morning, she was tucked in on her bed with her favorite blanket almost swaddling her.

And of course she was late to school.

--------------------------------------------------

When she arrived, Chloe was trying to convince Adrien that he had dreamt the entire thing and that she was actually his girlfriend.

"Nice try, Chloe. Still not going to work." He scooted into the bench as Marinette approached him, "Morning Mari," he said with a huge smile.

"Had to run here, need a minute to catch my breath."

"I knew I should of set an alarm for you."

She glared at him, not wanting everyone to know that they had fallen asleep together. Not yet, at least. She playfully punched his shoulder and he just wrapped his arm around her, whispering that she was beautiful when class started.

---------------------------------------------------

After class, Alya suggested a double date. Part of it was wanting to hang out with Marinette, but not ditch Nino again. The other part was just a noncreepy way to spy on one of her favorite ships without being a stalker.

"Sounds good, Alya," Adrien said with a smile. "Want to try and find Andre's?"

"His icecream is to die for," Nino chimed in. He didn't say much around the group, but he took his desserts very seriously. Adrien took this as a collective 'yes' and texted Gorilla to bring the limo instead of just the car.

And so they took Adrien's limo around Paris, talking excitedly about each other's relationships. Alya talked on and on about how Ladybug practically set up Adrien and Marinette. Adrien hadn't heard the story that she used to cover for actually falling for Cat Noir instead, but he went along with it completely.

Nino didn't say much the entire time, but he watched Alya talk the entire time and seemed to be enjoying it.

The limo parked in the only place left in Paris that they hadn't checked yet. Marinette felt bad for hijacking Alya and Nino so she suggested that the two couples would break away and look for the ice cream cart, texting each other if they found it.

Nino mouthed a 'thank you' to Marinette as he went off with Alya, holding her hand and talking more already than he had the entire time.

"HELP!" someone screamed in the distance as they walked around the park. Marinette and Adrien ran to take cover behind some large trees and emerged as Ladybug and Cat Noir, running to the aide of some poor woman.

They could see the butterfly circling her as it waited from her to go from distraught to full out panic where she'd be at Hawkmoth's mercy.

Ladybug asked her what was wrong and tried to calm her down. Her baby seemed to have slid down near the river and was trying to crawl into it. She was obviously about to jump down to save her child, but Ladybug snapped her out of it since it was too steep for someone her size to get down safely. Cat Noir took over protecting the distraught mother from the akuma and Ladybug latched her yo-yo on the bridge, rappelling down and grabbing the baby safely, bringing her back up to her mother.

"I'll never let you leave my arms again," she said, crying happy tears now. The butterfly started to leave towards its home.

"Cat Noir, we have to go. This may be our best lead to find Hawkmoth," Ladybug suggested.

They had plenty of time since it wasn't a full out battle where the lucky charm or cataclysm was already used. They slowly trailed the butterfly that took an indirect route home to its master.

"No, it can't be," Adrien pleaded. They had already been down this road and it had proven wrong.

"I thought we already crossed him off," Marinette said under her breath. She wanted the previous experience to leave out all possibility, but after Adrien had been akumatized even though he had a miraculous, maybe they were too quick to rule him out.

"My dad is hawkmoth." He fell to his knees as they watched the butterfly enter his home.