16-Chosen

Adrien toyed with Marinette's lucky charm that she gave him. Be safe, Ladybug, he thought.

----------------------------------------------

Marinette had already given Alya the fox necklace to keep at all times. She had earned her trust fully and now it would come in handy, she needed her desperately.

"Stay down and dodge any akuma attacks, don't transform until you need to." She hung up the phone and ran down the alleyways of Paris, the main streets being taken over by the various  akumas. 'How did he manage to transform so many people?' she thought.

She weaved through the maze of Paris and arrived at a familiar shop that seemed completely unaffected by all of the chaos in the surrounding area.

"Marinette, shouldn't you be out there?" Master Fu asked her, pointing to all of the violence that was unfolding outside in the streets.

"I can't do this alone, and I don't think Rena Rouge could provide enough help to take all of this down."

"Where is Adrien?" he asked, but took it back as soon as he looked at the dire look on her face. "I see... Marinette, Hawkmoth cannot get your miraculous too. He also cannot get any others, or else he will have unlimited power. He already has three if he truly has Cat Noir's."

Three? Where'd he get the third? Never mind, she had work to do.

Master Fu sighed. "If that's true, then I don't think that the bee will be strong enough." The record player turned into the box of Miraculouses, revealing the only free piece of jewelry that resembled a bee.

"But there's only one, you don't just have a second box lying around, do you?" she laughed and then realized what was happening.

"Wayzz, you've been my best friend but you knew this day would come."

"Wait-" Marinette interrupted, "you can't give up your kwami."

"I'm not as agile as I once was," he joked. "Go find someone you trust that can be the new guardian."

Him and Wayzz said their goodbyes as Master Fu took off his bracelet and handed it, as well as the bee hair pin, to Marinette.

"I won't let you down," she promised. She could tell that he was getting emotional as Wayzz disappeared. She left the shop and ducked between akumas, avoiding all of them.

So much pressure rode on this, she had to pick the right two people. Only one person came to mind, the boyfriend of her best friend and the best friend of her boyfriend.

----------------------------------------------

She knocked on Nino's door, the streets were quiet right now so she saw him get up from his hiding place and open for her, letting her in.

"Ladybug! Did you fix everything?"

"No, I'm sorry." She looked down at the ground and remembered how much was riding on this. "I need your help, Nino."

He started freaking out. "M-m-me? What can I do?"

"I trust you, so I need you to trust me." She handed him the bracelet. "Put it on and listen to your kwami, I'll be ready for you in about half an hour." She smiled at him, knowing that he was probably freaking out as much as she was when she first got involved. At least Ladybug and Cat Noir were already a part of the city, Marinette had to start out with no mentors. "Try not to be scared, you'll do amazing."

The streets started rumbling again and she dodged into the nearest alley to transform back and then called Alya.

"Problem, I don't have any more friends."

"Nino?"

"Check." She knew that the second she laid eyes on him as the turtle she'd find out, so she didn't even bother trying to hide his secret identity.

"Alix is pretty rad?"

"Isn't she out of town for the next couple of weeks?"

"Max? Kim? Rose? Juleka?"

"I love all of them to death, but I don't think they'd be up for it. Plus, it needs to be someone fierce, someone who stands up to Hawkmoth..."

"The only person I can think of whose like that is-"

"Don't say it, the thought just came to my mind. Ughhhh I'm on my way." Marinette hung up the phone and sighed. How was Chloe Bourgeois the only one that came to mind?