20-The Calm After The Storm

"Well if it isn't Marinette Dupain-Cheng," Chloe started as Mari and Alya walked into class.

"Some things never change," Alya  sighed as they sat down.

"It's just Chloe being Chloe." Marinette laid her bag on the desk and a note fell out.

I'm sorry for being such a jerk to you. I didn't think you were capable of being so awesome. I'm going to continue bullying you at school so that way no one gets suspicious. I don't think anybody except us saw what happened. Thanks for picking me... I know I was probably your last choice since I've been so mean, but it means a lot. ~ Love, Chloe

"What's that?" Alya asked.

"Basically Chloe is going to continue bullying me."

"Sounds about right."

Marinette smiled, Chloe was the only one she worried about sharing her secret and now that wasn't a problem. Maybe they would actually be friends one day. She kind of liked her as Queen Bee.

Nino and Adrien walked in so Alya left the bench and went to talk to her boyfriend. They were whispering about something. Marinette could of sworn she heard Alya say something about how she felt Nino thought Rena Rouge was hot and he replied 'not as hot as you' which was cute but also ridiculous since it was obvious he knew but wasn't sure that she knew that he knew. It was only a few minutes before Alya started saying that she had a huge thing for Carapace and they both locked eyes and tried to get the other to confess.

Adrien wrapped her in his arms until class started and then she put her head on his shoulder as he wrote his notes for class. Marinette zoned out, daydreaming and happy. Yes, she wasn't paying attention to the lecture, but right now feeling safe in her boyfriend's arm was more important.

-------------------------------------

Adrien asked her over to his house and she was shocked.

"Your dad isn't mad at me, is he?" she asked, hoping that it wouldn't be some awkward 'get to know the parents' but also 'get to know your enemy' dinner.

He chuckled. "No, he thinks you're extremely brave."

She smiled and agreed to come for dinner, "I'll wear the new dress I designed!"

"Wait, when did you have time to make a new dress?" he asked, always amazed by how his girlfriend kept surprising him.

While I was waiting for you to show up on my roof last night. "Uhh, I've had it for a while, just haven't had a reason to wear it."

"Don't lie to me," he made sure no one was nearby when he whispered, "bugaboo."

She smiled, that name was really growing on her. She loved how his mischievous Cat Noir side would come out occasionally, too. "Fine, kitty."

-------------------------------------

The doorbell rang and Adrien went to open the door for his girlfriend. Now that he wasn't terrorizing Paris, Gabrielle disarmed the house and made it so it was more welcoming. His parents must of ran down the stairs, when he grabbed her coat to put it on the rack they were already there, waiting to be introduced.

"Marinette, this is my father, Gabrielle, and my mother, Emilie."

"It's a pleasure to meet you!" Emilie said with a huge smile. 

Marinette saw where Adrien's hair and eyes came from. She was gorgeous. Mari felt like she was in the presence of royalty- everything within her had to stop her from bowing at Mrs. Agreste. She shook her hand happily and then turned to Gabrielle.

"It's nice to finally meet the girl behind the mask. I'm very impressed with you, you managed to save Paris numerous times and capture my son's heart."

Adrien was blushing in the back and Marinette was enjoying herself. She did feel guilty, however, that both of Adrien's parents knew her double identity but she was yet to tell her's.

They all went towards the dining room, excited to eat and talk about the various excursions that Ladybug and Cat Noir went on. It was weird seeing Gabrielle excited about losing, but it seemed that it was all behind him now that he had what he wanted. He was even willing to give up his Miraculous, knowing that Nooroo would never forgive him.

Adrien was extremely grateful that he had this, his family and his future family, all around the table together. It had been forever, his dad would of never been willing to meet his girlfriend without his mom being there. Plus, now he wasn't hiding such a massive part of his life from his dad, or Marinette.

They talked about the last couple of days and Plagg couldn't control himself. "YOU WORE WHAT WHILE I WAS GONE?!?" and started laughing hysterically.

Fin.