★ | 012. bad moon rising

Book: Locked Away
Chapter 12: Bad Moon Rising
Word Count: 2968

Book: Locked AwayChapter 12: Bad Moon RisingWord Count: 2968

A trip to Duke with Damon, Elena and Alaric. That's what was Xander's plans for the day. They were going there to see Isobel's research, hoping it would give them a clue to what the Lockwoods were. Alaric had mentioned something about werewolves earlier but they didn't exist, at least, Xander didn't think they did.

He and Damon were on talking terms but as far as their relationship, they were taking things slow. Xander needed to feel like he could trust him before he let them become what they once were.

"Sorry you can't come too, Stef." He heard Damon say in a taunting tone.

Xander rolled his eyes, already sitting in the back seat, waiting for them and looked out of the car window. "May we go now? It's hot in this car."

Stefan ignored the both of them and turned to his girlfriend, resting his hand on her cheek and pulling her close. "Call me if you need anything."

"She will be well taken care of." Xander said, smiling brightly. "Now, please hurry up."

"Patience is a virtue Xander." Elena giggled, wrapping her arms around Stefan's neck and placing her lips on his.

Damon lifted himself off the car, wishing that he and Xander could be the couple kissing but unfortunately that wasn't happening. "Okay, time to go." He jumped into the front passenger seat of the car, Elena taking the back seat and Alaric sitting in the drivers seat.

Xander pulled the seatbelt around himself and looked towards Elena, seeing she was still looking out the window at Stefan. "Buckle up, Elena."

Elena looked towards him and laughed, "okay dad."

Xander didn't know if it was an insult or not but he didn't take it seriously and made sure the other two occupants in the car were wearing their seat belts as well. When he was satisfied everyone was safe, he leaned back in his seat and looked out the window, watching the scenery go by.

▼ ▲ ▼ ▲

The car ride had been silent for the last hour, an air of uncomfortableness surrounding them. Xander just sat back, his hands linked awkwardly. He had never been good with starting a conversation. He relied on other people to do that and no one was helping him out right now.

"How are you doing back there?" Damon spoke up, slicing through the silence as he turned around to look at Xander and Elena.

Happy that someone was talking, Xander perked up with a smile. "I'm good." He looked at Elena only to see her brown eyes were darkened in a glare as she looked at Damon.