★ | 018. katerina

Book: Locked Away
Chapter 18: Katerina
Word Count: 2874

"What is this about?" Elena asked, voice tense as she looked at the woman who had kidnapped her, only the day before

"What is this about?" Elena asked, voice tense as she looked at the woman who had kidnapped her, only the day before. It was understandable she was a little annoyed, especially when she had let the girl live instead of sending one of the vampires after her. "You."

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." Rose exclaimed as Elena took the seat in between Stefan and Xander. Damon stood up by the table, keeping his eyes on Rose in case she did a one eighty and tried to attack them.  

"Who is he?"

"He's one of the originals, he's a legend." Damon said. This was the first time he had heard about them but apparently the originals were a pretty big deal, no one knowing if they actually existed or not. Xander really hoped on the not part.

"From the first generation of vampires."

"Like Elijah?"

"No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose spoke with fear. She seemed to be pretty confident in what she was saying but could they really believe her? It seemed like she was just trying to scare them but than again, why would she come to them if what she was saying wasn't true?

"Klaus is known to be the oldest."

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" Elena breathed out, eyes wide with disbelief.

"It seems like everyone is after you." Xander said but quickly shut up when Stefan threw him a glare and Elena gave him a look. What? It just slipped out... besides it was true. If Elena was an artefact, she'd be worth at least a million dollars with robbers trying to steal her.

"Yes." "No."

Two answers came from Stefan and Rose. They looked at each other, Stefan with more annoyance than her. Damon was the one to speak up since the other two weren't doing a great job at explaining. "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..."

"Which it is." Rose cut him off, earning a nasty look from Damon.

She rolled her eyes and looked away, and Damon continued, "and you're not saying it so I don't kill you."

"Which I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe."