★ | 013. memory lane

Book: Locked Away
Chapter 13: Memory Lane
Word Count: 1927

Book: Locked AwayChapter 13: Memory LaneWord Count: 1927

People had always loved the founder's ball. It was an event where you could catch up and socialise with people and dance with your husband or wife.

But all it did for Alexander Grayson was make him fill with sadness as he was never going to be able to dance with the one he loved in front of people.

He stood in the corner of the room, avoiding everyone. He didn't want any female to ask him to dance as he would be to kind to say no and he didn't want to give them the wrong idea.

He sighed for what felt like the thousandth time and looked across the room, only for his frown to deepened when his eyes spotted them man he loved. Damon looked incredibly handsome in his suit. He was the most handsome man Alexander had ever seen.

What made him frown was the fact that Damon wasn't looking at him. No, he was looking at Katherine, who was dancing with Stefan. Alexander was never one to get angry easily but as he saw this he felt a jealous rage build inside him.

He made his way from out of the corner and walked over to the Salvatore, clearing his throat, "Damon? Can we talk?"

Damon didn't even spare him a glance and shook his head, "I've told you before that I don't want to talk to you anymore."

"You cannot be serious?" Alexander stuttered, "you can't just say that. Not after everything we've been through-"

"I won't tell you again." Damon snapped, dropping his voice into a low whisper. "You mean nothing to me." He turned his head and stalked off.

Alexander felt tears come to his eyes but he held them back, his lower lip trembling. He went to walk away when his eyes caught Katherine's from across the room and she was smirking at him, having heard the whole conversation and happy that her compulsion was working.

▼ ▲ ▼ ▲

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining brightly and people were out and about. Xander sat at the park bench, sighing as he looked at all the happy people, wishing he was feeling their emotions right now.

He had been avoiding Damon like the plauge, having not seen him since they broke up. It hurt but it had to be done. Xander wasn't going to just forgive and forget, not this time. He had to be strong. He wasn't going to spend his days crying in bed until he and Damon got back together. No way in hell was he going to do that.

Elena had invited him to a bbq at her house but he wasn't exactly on speaking terms with her either. Yes, he appreciated that she wanted to help him get the truth out of Damon but what he didn't appreciate was the way she did. She should have talked to him and told him herself.