★ | 015. plan b

Book: Locked Away
Chapter 15: Plan B
Word Count: 2501

Xander stops inside the Lockwood mansion with Stefan, helping set up for the masquerade ball when Jenna Sommers had walked over with a smile on her face

Xander stops inside the Lockwood mansion with Stefan, helping set up for the masquerade ball when Jenna Sommers had walked over with a smile on her face. "Stefan, Xander, hey!"

"Hey."

"I'm cooking dinner tonight. Ric will be there, you two should come." She said, looking between the pair of vampires.

Stefan began to look uncomfortable. "You know, Elena and I, we're kind of taking a - a pause."

"Really?" Jenna said, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Because that's not what it sounded like this morning."

"Seriously?" Xander said with a snicker before turning to Stefan. "You little liar you."

Stefan stuttered, trying to come up with an excuse but Jenna's laugh cut him off. "Light sleeper. You know what? I heard nothing." She smiled at them before leaving.

"What's up with that?" Xander asked. "Why are you and Elena pretending to fight?"

"We're not— I mean... I'll explain later, okay?" Stefan said, looking defeated.

Xander shrugged his shoulder, "okay."

"What about you and Damon? What's going on there." A subject Xander was getting tired of talking about.

"We're still broken up and... I don't really know. I never know what's going on when it comes to Damon. A blessing and a curse."

"He's your epic love, isn't he?"

"...I like to think so but for right now, he's not. I'm good with just being friends. If we can even call ourselves that."

They were soon joined by another presence. One that had tried to get them killed. Mason looked at them shocked, obviously expecting them to be dead. "Hey."

"Hey, Mason."

Mason placed the box down he was carrying, gulping. "Wasn't expecting you two here. Or anywhere."

"Yeah, we had this little accident." Stefan commented, smiling tensely at the werewolf.

"But we're fine now." Xander continued, glaring harshly at him.

Mason's eyes narrowed and his voice lowered to a whisper, "what did you do to Sheriff Forbes?"

Stefan shrugged, "oh, she's fine too, but from now on, you'll have to do your own dirty work."

"Not a problem." Mason snapped, obviously trying to sound intimidating. He turned around and harshly walked away, accidentally bumping into Bonnie Bennett. "Excuse me."

Bonnie continued to watch Mason as he looks away. A strange look spread across her face. Xander tilted his head as he examined her before he and Stefan approached her.