★ | 025. the house guest

Book: Locked Away, The Vampire Diaries
Chapter 25: The House Guest
Word Count: 2625

Book: Locked Away, The Vampire DiariesChapter 25: The House Guest Word Count: 2625

"Good morning, Damon." Elena said as she did up her coat. Xander looked up from where he was on the couch and smiled at her but that smile dropped when Damon dropped Jonathan Gilbert's diary and rushed over and shoved her up against the wall, hand around her throat.

"What are you doing here? I told you to leave." Damon hissed in her face with fire in his eyes.

Xander rushed over and stood behind the pair. "Damon? What on earth are you doing?!" He questioned loudly.

Elena looked at Xander with a fearful gaze and asked with a slight tremble in her voice, "what is his problem?"

"Don't worry, Xander. This isn't Elena, it's Katherine." Damon growled out and tightened his grip. "You're wearing her clothes? Like that's going to work."

Xander narrowed his eyes as he looked over Elena or Katherine. It looked and sounded like Elena but Damon believed it was Katherine. "Wait, how could it be Katherine? She's in the tomb, right?" Xander asked quickly.

"Yeah, why would you think that? Katherine's in the tomb! Isn't she?"

Damon now was hesitating himself and released her just as Stefan arrived, looking around the scene. "What the hell's going on here?"

"I don't know, you tell me. Is Katherine in the tomb or not?" Elena/Katherine asked. Stefan seemed to gasp before he was speeding up back to his bedroom.

A tiny smirk found its way onto the doppelgängers face and Xander scoffed. "You're not Elena."

"How could you tell?" Katherine asked with a giggle.

"You're acting isn't as good as you think it is." He snapped back and she pouted.

"Oh, don't tell me you didn't miss me."

"Trust me, you're the last person on this earth I would ever miss."

"Ouch."

★ ★ ★

All five of them were in the living room now. The real Elena had an extremely pissed off expression. "What is she doing here?" She pointed angrily towards Katherine who just smirked at her.

Damon sighed, "when we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb."

"How's that possible?" Stefan questioned.

"He's an Original. They have all sorts of special skills." Katherine answered.

"I don't want you here." Elena sniped at her look alike before turning to all the vampires with a pleading look in her eyes. "Get her out of here."