★ | 009. founders day

Book: Locked Away
Chapter 9: Founders Day
Word Count: 2861

Book: Locked AwayChapter 9: Founders DayWord Count: 2861

Xander smoothed over the clothes he was wearing. He didn't really need to get dressed up but when he saw what he could wear he was more then excited to. He was dressed in the clothes he used to wear in 1864. It brought back memories, some happy and some not. They were so different from the clothes he wore today.

He was at Mystic Falls High School standing next to Stefan and waiting for Elena to arrive. He looked around and saw most people were dressed up and it brought a smile to his face.

"Look at you two, all retro." Damon said, arriving behind them and dressed in his usual attire. Things were still a little tense between him and Xander. Neither of them had made the first move because both were stubborn and both thought they were right.

Xander was always the one who used to apologise when they got into an argument because he we so in love with Damon that he never wanted the argument to last long but he didn't want to do that anymore. He didn't want to be the one always apologising.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked, looking at Damon exasperated. He really didn't want his older brother here.

"Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone and it's Founders' Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl. At least that's what Xander would think I would do." Damon smiled sarcastically.

"Please don't start Damon." Xander mumbled back, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh, you started this Xander with that whole 'I'm jealous, you're not aloud to flirt with other people' speech." Damon shrugged, trying to look careless but failing.

Xander scoffed and turned towards Damon, "you're right. What was I thinking not wanting my boyfriend to flirt with other people? Silly me."

"At least you have a sense of humour." Damon grumbled. "Hey look, I get it. I'm hot and you're afraid someone's gonna steal me from you but you don't have to worry about that."

"Actually, I wasn't worried about that but thanks for bringing it up." Xander really didn't know if Damon understood why he was mad at him at all. Xander wasn't worried about someone 'stealing' Damon. He was angry because Damon seemed to enjoy being flirty with other people and Xander would never want to act that way with anyone but Damon.

Stefan was standing between the pair awkwardly but breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Elena approaching and... wow. She had never looked more like Katherine then she did today. It made Xander feel a little uncomfortable but he pushed that away as Elena curtsied before walking up to them.