★ | 022. daddy issues

Book: Locked Away
Chapter 22: Daddy Issues
Word Count: 3376

"The authorities believe last night's assailant may also be related to the missing campers and park ranger who have yet to be found, as well as 25-year-old Jessica Cohen, reported missing this morning

"The authorities believe last night's assailant may also be related to the missing campers and park ranger who have yet to be found, as well as 25-year-old Jessica Cohen, reported missing this morning. The sheriff's department says investigations are pending and no further comment will be made. In related news Mayor Lockwood spoke earlier today..."

Xander turned away from the news on the television when he heard footsteps come up behind him. "There has to be another vampire in town." He mumbled.

Damon hummed, stopping behind the other vampire. "And what are you doing in my room?"

"Stefan wants to talk to us about something. I told him to meet me in here." Xander turned around, finally looking at Damon and noticing he was only in a towel, having just come out of the shower. He cleared his throat and averted his eyes.

"Even after all the times you've seen me naked, you still get shy. That's cute." Damon chuckled, making his way over to his bed where he had his clothes laid out.

"I'm not shy!" Xander exclaimed. "Be naked all you want. It doesn't bother me." He spoke confidently.

"Okay." Damon dropped his towel.

Xander gasped and spun around. "That's not fair, Damon! I didn't think you were going to do that."

Damon laughed again and pulled on his clothes. "I must be that irresistible that you can't even look at me naked without wanting to jump me."

"You wish." Xander mumbled as Stefan entered the room. Luckily Damon was fully dressed by then. Glad to have something else to focus on, the vampire turned to the younger Salvatore. "What did you want to tell us?"

Stefan explained to them that he had gotten in contact with John Gilbert and now he was back in town.

"You brought back John Gilbert?" Damon asked with annoyance. "That was your big Save Elena move?"

"I went to go look for Isobel, and I get John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate."

"How do we know we can trust him? He nearly killed me and Damon, remember?" He frowned at the upsetting memory.

"Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed. Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah?" He looked between the two vampires. "I don't trust him. He's an Original, he can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him, because apparently, he can't die!"

Damon put his hand on his chin, eyes narrowing at Stefan. "I'm still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer."

"He knew about the sacrifice, Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe."