I Like Me Better (Kira x Neutral!Reader)

Picture Credit:
HEVENS
Pixiv ID: 36188778
Member: 泉李

Hewo Everyone!

OH. MY. GOSH.

I Like Me Better is a really good song written by Lauz. I'm basically writing my first lyric fanfic (if that's how you call it) You can always listen to it while reading my fanfic.

Also, I took my fanfic that I posted on the Uta no Prince-sama amino and reposted it on here.

Yeah, yeah. I'm a sack of potatoes :p

——————————————————————

(Kira's POV)

Things you need to know

(E/c) = Eye Color

(H/l) = Hair Length

(H/c) = Hair Color

(F/d) = Favorite Drink

(F/b) = Favorite Book

Italic words = Lyric's in the song

~~~
To be young and in love in New York City (New York City)
To not know who I am but still know that I'm good long as you're here with me
To be drunk and in love in New York City
~~~

A blacked haired teenager, walked through the doors of a library.

~~~
Midnight morning coffee
~~~

It was midnight yet he couldn't sleep. So what better time to get a book and read? He wanted to make the most out of reading. The library was open 24/7 anyways. Plus it was also very quiet and kinda dark. No need for a disguise at least.

The tall teenaged guy grabbed his favorite coffee while passing by a cafe. It was also open 24/7. Scanning the shelfs, he failed to notice that there was another person in the library. That was sitting down at a table reading a book.

After a little bit, he finally found a good book to read and, grabbed it off of it's shelf. Now looking for place to sit, that's when he noticed the one other person reading a book. It surprised him a little. The person had (H/l) (H/c) hair, complimented with (E/c) eyes. Their eyes were scanning with book, seriously. One hand holding the book, the other holding up a cup. The person took a sip of their (F/d) without taking their eyes off of their book.

Placing their drink back down onto the table, they continued reading. The teenager just watched them do what they did. Then he felt his legs move on his own. The person heard a pitted-patter of foot steps approaching them but, they did not dare to look of since the book was just getting to the best part of it.

Then there was a small screech of chair being pushed back. His light yellowish tint of his eyes focused on his book, opening it, sitting down and, reading it. A (E/c) eyes watched him carefully. He didn't seem like a dangerous person...to them at least. The guys eyes traveled upwards to their's. Their eyes immediately went back to their book again. He was able to catch a them glimpsing at him though.

A rare small smile tugged at his lips. Even though the unknown person couldn't see them, they could feel that he was smiling. They smiled too. They closed their book, and (E/c) eyes looked up to see light yellowish tint eyes looking back at them.

"So, you like (F/b) too?" They asked. His heart raced. What is he feeling right now? He stayed quiet and looking back down at his book, not knowing how to answer. His cheeks answered for him, now with a light scarlet red blush on them.

~~~
Burning through the hours talking
~~~

The person laughed a little, smiling at the boy's cuteness.

~~~
Dang
~~~

Their laugh sounded so small, cute, beautiful. His blush get even deeper, if that's possible. He looked up a tiny bit, just in time to see their arm stretch out. He looked at their arm, then them. His eyes widened a little.

"(L/n) (F/n)." They greeted, smiling. He gulped down the lump in his throat and, stretch his arm also, meet his hand with their hand.

"Kira Sumeragi." He said, though it came out as a whisper.

~~~
Like me better when I'm with you
~~~

As the days passed by

~~~
I like me better when I'm with you
~~~

The teenage boy and girl continued to meet

~~~
I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time.
~~~

And that once quiet boy, was now in

~~~
I like me
~~~

His face didn't show it but, it was like his mind went blank when he went near you. And let's say, every time you laughed or smiled, he got butterflies in his stomach, a lump in his throat, and his heart race picked up. No one ever sees him like this. The blushing, flustered state, was only shown to you. You and you only.

Talking isn't necessarily his forte, he doesn't really talk much to his teammates unless it's completely necessary. Though, when you were around, it seemed like it was the most hardest thing he can ever do. Only meaning that you were the only that talked. Kira would only reply "Yes", "No", or stay silent. Ether way, Kira liked being your presence. And he one day he pondered about it. Then he definitely knew why.

~~~

Love

~~~
I like me better when I'm with you~
~~~