Chapter 15: A Terrible Liar

No one's POV:

Shikamaru: "Sayuri is right, we need to figure out how to save her. This is going to be such a drag."

Kakashi: "Sayuri do you have any ideas?"

Sayuri: "I'm not sure, you see I'm not entirely sure how the mind reading jutsu works."

Yamanaka Clan Member: "I can explain that, of course I can't teach you all how to though."

Kakashi: "An explanation will suffice."

While the clan member explained how the jutsu worked, Ino was still hard at work fixing her psyche. The other shonobi stood guard of them, not prepared for what was to come.

Meanwhile Shino was waking up at the hospital, Sakura was healing him for the last time and soon he would be ready to go home.

Shino: "A-Andromeda."

Sakura: "Oh Shino, you're awake. That means you can go home soon."

Shino: "Where is Andromeda? I have to talk to her, I have to let her know it wasn't her fault that I was hurt."

Sakura remembered clearly the last words that Sayuri said to her before she left with Naruto and Andromeda.

Sayuri: "Sakura I'm counting on you, keep Shino away from the interrogation chamber, don't let him know. Andromeda feels guilty enough as is, and seeing him may make her subconsciously block any memories out of fear of further hurting him and others. Promise me."

Sakura intended to keep her promise, and so she brushed off his question.

Sakura: "Stay still Shino, I'm not done healing you."

Shino: "You didn't answer my question."

Sakura: "You've been asleep for quite awhile, you must be hungry. Want to eat now or once you're discharged? We could go for dumplings with Choji."

Shino sat up and grabbed Sakura's glowing hands, stopping her. His movements were unintentionally rough as he gripped her hands.

Shino: "What's going on Sakura, where is Andromeda? You're avoiding my questions and you're continually healing my back even though you finished ages ago."

She pulled her hands away and bit her lip struggling to find the words.

Sakura: "Well she... She.... She went home with Sayuri for the evening. That way the Hokage could keep an eye on her in case she attacked again."

There was a long silence as Shino sat in the hospital bed staring at his hands in his lap, any emotion was hidden by his glasses. After a time he spoke, his voice held a pleading tone.

Shino: "You're a terrible liar Sakura, I will find her myself if I must. I planted a female insect on her earlier when she visited, my male insects will find her. I'm going to figure out one way or another what has become of her, so please.... Tell me."

Sakura: "Shino don't go there, don't follow her."

Shino: "Why? She's at Sayuri's house after all so what is there to worry about? What are you hiding?"

Sakura: "She... She's in the interrogation chamber."

Shino: "They're torturing her!? For what, hurting me? Last time I checked she has no memories to have tortured out of her!"

Sakura: "Shino calm down, she isn't being tortured. Ino and the others are using the mind reading jutsu to find her memories and help her remember who she is."

Shino: "I'm going."

Sakura: "Shino wait."

Shino: "No, I'm not going to stand by and wait and hope they don't hurt her. She needs my help. I'm going."

He pulled on his shirt and with that he left the hospital.