Chapter 24: The Kage Summit

Shino's POV:

I arrived at the interrogation chamber at the same time as Hinata and the others including Shikamaru, all we were missing was Sayuri. As we walked in we were greeted by the sight of Lord Hokage talking to a tired looking Naruto and... Sasuke.

It was different seeing him without girls swooning all over him, but Sakura appeared to be working at the hospital and Ino was nowhere in sight. I didn't know how Naruto felt having Sasuke back in the village, but I'm sure he only came back because of his interest in the Ōtsutsuki clan and not because of any ties he has here. He would probably leave after this was resolved and hurt everyone all over again. But right now he wasn't the problem, the problem was how would this be resolved? The thought made my head spin.

Andromeda and Ino were probably deeper in the chamber but I knew we couldn't get anywhere near it until the Kage arrived, but even still I worried about her. After a short time we heard the doors open and in came Sayuri with 4 disgruntled Kage and their attendants. No doubt they were upset about the meeting place and all of the secrecy.

Kakashi: " Welcome fellow Kage, I apologize for the unorthodox location. However we couldn't meet anywhere but here."

Lord Raikage: "You better have a good reason for calling us here so quickly Lord Hokage."

Kakashi: "I'm afraid I do."

Sayuri and Hitsugi came over and walked with us as we followed the Kage deep into the chamber.

Lord Tsuchikage: "Lord Hokage just what is this summit about, where are we going?"

At that same moment he opened the chamber doors and the sight before me shocked me. Ino and other Yamanaka clan members were still controlling Andromeda mentally, but she looked different. Her blonde hair was now much longer and had white stripes in it, her skin was much paler but not quite white and her clothes were a fusion of her clothes she got from Sakura and the White Kimono she was wearing when we found her. Her eyes and the top of her head were covered with the mind transferral device so I had no clue what her eyes looked like. It was painful getting this reaffirmation of just what she was.

From behind me I felt cold eyes glaring, I turned to see Sasuke glaring at Andromeda with a powerful hatred. Upon seeing her a cry of outrage arose from the Kage and their attendants who prepared to defend their leaders, only Lord Gaara remained silent

Lord Raikage: "Lord Hokage what is the meaning of this!? Why do you have an Ōtsutsuki prisoner?"

Lord Tsuchikage: "Why has she been kept alive? This things are dangerous!"

Lord Mizukage: "Are you planning on using this creature as a weapon Lord Hokage? Are you trying to throw off the power balance?"

I remained quiet, but I noticed one thing. None of them called her a person or asked her name. They simply treated her like a monster and I knew then just how complicated this situation would be to resolve.